Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #1

Wink Propane Tanks & Battery Positioning

Hello,

My family and I have a 2007 Flagstaff 27BHSS. I have issues with the positioning of the propane tanks in relation to the weight distributing brackets that mount to the tongue of the TT. When inspecting the trailer prior to purchase and prior to the installation of the weight distributing brackets the propane tanks were mounted near the center of the tongue allowing the propane tank cover to be installed without rubbing against the front wall of the trailer.

After installation of the weight distributing brackets I noticed that the propane tanks had to be mounted closer to the front wall of the trailer to allow the weight distributing brackets to lock into the closed position. This has created two problems.

1. I cannot connect the trailer and lock the weight distributing bars into place with the pry bar supplied because the propane tanks are too close.
2. When installing the propane tank cover it rests against the front wall of the trailer which I feel will cause wear to the front wall of the TT.

I am interested in installing a second battery on the tongue of the TT because my family and I do a lot of dry camping.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone else have a suggestion to the cure? Has anyone added a second battery to the tongue?

Thanks Everyone,

Happy Trails
Honda Generator, Small Dog,
Beautiful Wife and 3 Special Daughters
GandBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #2
Grape Escape

same problem with our Rockwood 2607

Locking bars very close to tanks, almost touching. Obviously Forest River engineers need to go back to school. Use cam lock strap to secure and hold cover away from trailer front wall
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:52 PM   #3

GandBL,

Why is there a differences in the placement of the Propane tanks before and after WD installation?

Did the dealer move the Propane tanks to install the WD hitch brackets?

Do you have the Equal-i-zer brand WD hitch, or something different?

I have the Equal-i-zer brand WD hitch and have no problem with the Propane cover rubbing the front of the TT. The "L" brackets do contact the tank cover but only slightly.

Here's a picture of my set-up.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

Would it be possible to move the Propane tanks to the front of the tongue, just behind the jack?
If so, you could install two batteries between the Propane tanks and the front of the TT. That would put your Propane tanks ahead of your WD spring bar brackets.

HERE is a link to Modifying battery tray .

HERE is another.

Click on the links below.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17077022/gotomsg/17079346.cfm#17079346

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...79378386uYrbnO

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/17482193.cfm
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #4

Michael
Your set up looks the same as mine and I didn't move any propane tanks or have to make any other adjustments.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #5

Mine also looks very similar to Milzats and I moved nothing.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery