Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #1

Quailridge by Forest River

Just bought a 2001 Park Model last year for seasonal camping. Our site has electric, water and sewer. Couple of questions.

Where is the VIN located?

Has anyone put in a tankless water heater in this type of setup?

thanks
Dave
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #2

The VIN should be located at the lower left side of the trailer near the front on a sticker. Lately I have seen some about midway up the side but they are on the front left somewhere.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Now I have a question. If you have a park model, doesn't it already have a gas/electric water heater? I'm not convinced the tank less systems are all that efficient. You also need to determine the power draw on the tank less system you are looking at, and make sure your power center and electric cord can handle it. If electric was included in the site, I would use the electric side of the water heater. If it is 6 gallon, (I doubt in a park model) I might switch it out for a 10 gallon gas/electric. Good luck and I hope others comment.

Also the vin should be stamped on the tongue, and might be on the weight sticker inside one of the cabinet doors. It would also be on the registration, if you have plates on it, the title if you own it, and if all else fails, look at the bill of sale.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #4

Thanks

Yes, it has a gas water heater...not sure if it is 6 or 10 gallon though...whatever it is, showers get cold fast. I saw a tankless water heater called the RV500 by Precision Temp....Sounds awesome...it fits right where your standard 6 or 10 gallon water heater is, and endless hot water. Just looking to see if anyone has one!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Now I have another question. You didn't say what model trailer you have, just that it's a 2001. According to Forrest River 2009 brochure, the Qualridge park model come with a 20 gallon water heater. I thought the park models had a bigger water heater, but not sure when that started. Better get your water heater model number and look up size. You also mentioned gas water heater, are you sure it's not gas and electric?
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #6

It's a 39DLB2....It's definitely not a 20 gallon....Just to be clear, this is the type of RV that has a shingled roof and is "semi-permanent" on a seasonal camp site....It's not gonna move...Is "Park Model" the correct description for this type??? Thanks