Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2016, 12:32 AM   #1

Quality differences (Heritage Glen / Surveyor)

Wanted to get some opinions. We are going camper shopping after selling our pop up, and have some questions.

There are a Heritage Glen 27bh, and a Surveyor 291bhss that we think are leading the way. So far we have looked at some other brands, but looking in the Internet, these 2 look like they have most of the features we want.

We like the looks of the Surveyor better, but it is $3500 more than the Heritage Glen. They of course are at 2 dealers 3hrs apart. The Surveyor dealer is telling me that it is a step up in quality from the Heritage Glen. Is this true? With all the different lines, it is had to tell. If it is really higher quality, then I don't mind spending the money, but I don't want to spend it for colors we like better.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Wowens79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:58 PM   #2

Can't give you any first hand experiences with either of those models, I can tell you I have a 2016 Coachmen Apex 300bhs and we love it so far! It's a similar floor plan as the ones your looking at.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:42 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping

The best way to really tell the quality is to test yourself. My favourite is to knock on the cabinet doors, some are solid some are just panels etc. Appliances and electronics will all be the same.

When we chose or Heritage Glen it had similar quality to the others we were looking at, but had the colours we liked and the extra options we wanted and ended up being cheaper. Was an easy choice for us

I always say, just buy the one your wife loves. If she doesn't love either, keep looking. Never buy a compromise as you will end up buying the trailer you wanted in the end anyways and spend way more money than if you had bought it at the first.

Hope that helps,
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:34 AM   #4

I have a 2014 heritage Glenn 282 bhis. I have been very happy with it no issues at all. Except a few minor things that a screwdriver easily fixed. I would recommend a heritage Glenn to anyone at least from my experience.
mulltrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:42 AM   #5

Well I went and looked at them, and ended up with the Heritage Glen. I will say they Surveyor had more solid feeling cabinets, and I think has a little better quality, but less features. We were comfortable with the quality of the HG, and liked the layout a little better, so we went with it. If we were full timing, it might make a difference.

Thanks for the input.
Wowens79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, surveyor