Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Personally, I would bring all slides in before re-leveling. I'm not a fan of moving the camper around with them out.

If I had boocoo slides and auto level I would bring them in also.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:04 PM   #22
Traveling along

I will try the Lynx blocks. I have them and also 2 other sets from Camco. It was the ones from Camco that broke when leveling the TT. Got the Lynx set after those. Have not used them yet.
2019 Silverado 2500
2019 Primetime Crusader 29rsle
Bill and Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #23

Just check the level with a regular carpenters level to see if it's off enough to even worry about it. I use the level on the floor just inside the entry door. Check side to side & front to rear.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Just check the level with a regular carpenters level to see if it's off enough to even worry about it. I use the level on the floor just inside the entry door. Check side to side & front to rear.
Exactly. If I don't 'feel' it's off level by walking around, I don't worry about it.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:48 AM   #25

Thanks to the OP for bringing this topic up. After reading all the responses, I did some more digging and will be changing my routine. We have never felt we were out of level either after putting slides out or after hard rains, it was more of the seeing the pads had sunk into the ground a bit. So probably more of a stabilization concern for us. From now on if I notice this I will just lower the affected jack a bit instead of doing an auto level. Again, thanks for the heads up. Just goes to show we are always learning.
badger5301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #26
Traveling along

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger5301 View Post
Thanks to the OP for bringing this topic up. After reading all the responses, I did some more digging and will be changing my routine. We have never felt we were out of level either after putting slides out or after hard rains, it was more of the seeing the pads had sunk into the ground a bit. So probably more of a stabilization concern for us. From now on if I notice this I will just lower the affected jack a bit instead of doing an auto level. Again, thanks for the heads up. Just goes to show we are always learning.
You are welcome. Glad someone else got educated. I get more information from this forum than just about anywhere else. Thanks to everyone!!
2019 Silverado 2500
Old 06-17-2019, 06:34 PM   #27

I am firmly in the camp of “unhook and level before slides out”, but I am curious...

When we stop on the roadside to have lunch, I have to run the two slides out to get access to the kitchen and table. As this is sort of a quick stop process, I don’t mess with trying to level. Does anyone avoid doing this?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #28

SO I have wondered about levelers in an emergency...let's say you had a flat tire and needed to jack up one side only in order to change the tire. Can that be done with the leveling system?
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:29 PM   #29
Traveling along

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAACTUS View Post
I am firmly in the camp of “unhook and level before slides out”, but I am curious...

When we stop on the roadside to have lunch, I have to run the two slides out to get access to the kitchen and table. As this is sort of a quick stop process, I don’t mess with trying to level. Does anyone avoid doing this?
Interesting. I will have to open one slide to get the fridge opened. I wouldn't worry about leveling as long as it doesn't feel unlevel. More of a problem would be sure that side of the trailer is protected from someone hitting it. Being curbside, it would be harder to find somewhere safe to open it in normal rest areas.
2019 Silverado 2500
Old 06-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #30
Traveling along

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post
SO I have wondered about levelers in an emergency...let's say you had a flat tire and needed to jack up one side only in order to change the tire. Can that be done with the leveling system?
This FW doesn't have levelers that I can individually move to raise one side only. Dont know of any that would. Most TT have manual stabilizers not levelers. They could be used in a pinch.
2019 Silverado 2500
Old 06-18-2019, 02:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post
If you are talking a six point hydraulic level-up system, yes you can. I have used the manual function many times to lift one sides tires of the ground. I just put a few blocks under the jacks for that side, so the cylinders don't extend our of range.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:34 AM   #32

We complete the outside set-up and level before we open the door we us camco 12x12 pads ... then adjust steps ... now inside finish up slides turn on a/c etc.... Cindy does inside while I finish unloading ... does anyone use these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0754MYT4R...ing=UTF8&psc=1 ... I would use on front jacks only I would not have to pull pins and lower the legs?? yes I know they are expensive... I am old and when I crawl/bend well just saying
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, leveling, wheel