Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #21

Good evening eveyone. Rather new to the forum. Hope to take delivery of a Rockwood 2304S in a few weeks in Elkhart, IN. Just received the VIN # number from RVDirect. It has been 7 weeks since the initial order - not bad for the busy time of year.

Would EternaBond replace a high quality TT cover during uncovered winter storage in the high desert? Regardless - sounds as though an investment in the product, with proper application, is a very worthwhile procurement to ensure a long term secured seal against water leakage in trailers.
Gigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #22

Iggy...they have different SKU's ... One Step is OSW-50 and your link is RSW-4-50. The OS appears to have a primer. I purchased the RSW, my trailer is relatively new and if I clean all the seams with alcohol or lacquer thinner I think it should be just fine?

2010 Rockwood 8281SS Signature Ultra Light
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
bobsquarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsquarepants View Post
Iggy...they have different SKU's ... One Step is OSW-50 and your link is RSW-4-50. The OS appears to have a primer. I purchased the RSW, my trailer is relatively new and if I clean all the seams with alcohol or lacquer thinner I think it should be just fine?

I emailed Eternabond and asked

I want to buy Eternabond OneStep Miracle RV Roof Tape at a local distributer but they use a similiar name. Here is the link to my local distributer but the product name is different. Is this the same as Eternabond OneStep Miracle RV Roof Tape? http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail.aspx?ID=11341
Please let me know. Thank you.

Eternabonds Answer

Dear John,
We appreciate your interest in Eternabond.
Yes, it is the same product and Copperstate is a good customer of ours. The only difference is the length, 37’ vs. 50’.

Sincerely,
Tom Brenner
ETERNABOND
847-837-9400x137
tom@eternabond.com
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #24

Thanks for checking this out... I also read somewhere it was the same...soooooo confusing when they do this, anyway...can't wait to get mine on!

Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Thanks for checking this out... I also read somewhere it was the same...soooooo confusing when they do this, anyway...can't wait to get mine on!
I just picked up a 4"x50' role for $53.65 plus tax = $58.64 which is still cheaper than most other places. The guy told me also they backage them for RV users also just to make anothe rmarket. He raved how great it works. We will see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof Seal 003.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	2993  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #26

Just did my rear seam this morning, had enough of baking in the sun for one day...Us canucks can't take the heat I'm thinking for the seams I would have liked to have the 6" tape as I had to make two runs of the 4" to cover it properly. Not looking forward to the front cap the slope on the nose looks like a killer...maybe I'll drop the landing gear down as far as it goes and use an extention ladder and attack from the front. yep...gonna need more than one roll

Old 07-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Just did my rear seam this morning, had enough of baking in the sun for one day...Us canucks can't take the heat I'm thinking for the seams I would have liked to have the 6" tape as I had to make two runs of the 4" to cover it properly. Not looking forward to the front cap the slope on the nose looks like a killer...maybe I'll drop the landing gear down as far as it goes and use an extention ladder and attack from the front. yep...gonna need more than one roll
The 6 inch roll is actually called "the seam kit."
Waiting for bank to refill before I shoot my order in.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #28

Quote:

Did you use anything speacial to clean the rear seam before putting the new stuff on?

Was ondering if you needed more than a good soap and water washing or do I need something special?
Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #29

some liquid laundry detergent soap and water the night before...I let it dry well ...then used Eternabond's cleaner. I did try some alcohol (methyl hydrate) and it worked well also... One comment is that I am slightly disappointed on some of the joints where it overlaps over itself...if the is any sort of contour (like over the roof edge) doesn't seem to like to stick to itself...I rubbed the seams again...will have to check today if they stuck down. BTW.. I bought a 6" X50' for the front seam and it worked well.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:00 PM   #30

Quote:
some liquid laundry detergent soap and water the night before...I let it dry well ...then used Eternabond's cleaner. I did try some alcohol (methyl hydrate) and it worked well also... One comment is that I am slightly disappointed on some of the joints where it overlaps over itself...if the is any sort of contour (like over the roof edge) doesn't seem to like to stick to itself...I rubbed the seams again...will have to check today if they stuck down. BTW.. I bought a 6" X50' for the front seam and it worked well.

Thanks Bob with the information about the 6"
I think I will take the 4" back and exchange it for a 50' roll of 6"
That way everything will have good coverage especially the front and rear seams. I will feel better that I know it was done correctly the first time.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:11 AM   #31

Take a look at this skylight

Well it seems many have mentioned how the skylight above the shower leaked. Well take a look at mine today before I use Eternabond.
I may have to buy a tube and fill inthe holes first. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skylight.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	3046