Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Recommendation? Looking at three models.

I'm at the point now of having narrowed down my trailer to three different models - all of them Forest River models and all of them bunkhouse models.

The first is a Surveyor Select SV305. What we really like about this is the sunken bunk room with the kids entertainment area.

What I wasn't sure about was the large lounge with moveable table.. The windows were nice, and the storage was great above them in the slide area... but we did like that the pullout air sofa was queen sized. Just not sure about how the eating area would work out..? Also, I'm not sure if I buy into the exterior kitchen thing in the rear storage area.. I'd rather keep bikes in there, or just save the extra pounds it contributes to the overall trailer weight.

The next two models are virtually identical...

A Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD and a Salem Hemisphere 312 QBUD.

We like the U shaped dinette, the exterior door from the bathroom, and that the kitchenette and dinette had e-granite available (we've seen too many laminate issues to discount the easy maintenance of a solid counter)

We also like the separate couch and dinette from the above two models...

Another plus was the option of the two-toned cabinets. My wife really likes the look of the style.

One item that came up was that our local Salem dealer told us they are no longer carrying the Hemisphere models due to a high number of customer complaints with quality... not good, as the Wildwood is the exact same trailer, and the Surveyor is almost the same!

Can anyone offer their insights into these models?

Thanks in advance!

DonFromCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #2

We had a Surveyor TT, it was a 224 T with the three pull out beds, we found that it was a very well made trailer, it gave us lots of room inside if it was raining and the 3 beds plus table and couch beds gave us lots of sleeping area. We didn't keep it very long due to my wife and I having back problems, so might I suggest you add another TT to look at, the Tracer not sure of the model # but something like 3010BHS, we have the 2910 BHS and we love it. Good quality and value and the factory seems to really be enthusiastic in helping customers if they have a problem with their units. The a/n unit 3010BHS has a neat area for kids to hang out and then can be converted to extra beds, pretty cool area.

Dennis and Cheryl
2006 Ford F150 SC
2011 Tracer 2910BHS
F'ton N.B. Canada
dennis5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #3
DonFromCanada - did you go with one? I too am looking at the Salem. I have not heard of any quality issues from the dealers I have spoken too.???
mjwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
Originally Posted by mjwills View Post
DonFromCanada - did you go with one? I too am looking at the Salem. I have not heard of any quality issues from the dealers I have spoken too.???
Actually, we went to an RV show and saw dozens of models with almost the exact same floorplan.

And then went a totally different direction. We picked up an Eddie Bauer Airstream at the show.
DonFromCanada is offline   Reply With Quote