Old 03-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #1

Reese Revolution Hitch Push

Recently and it has happened a few times before I felt a sudden "push" which also felt like a load shift while making a lane change pulling our 2015 Flagstaff 28RKS. The hitch is an unlocked Reese Revolution Pin Box in a Reese 15K hitch. The tow vehicle is a 2013 Ford F250 super cab, short bed, 6.5 foot. The trailer was virtually empty, no fluids in any tanks, all tire pressures were the same and correct.
I read a few post about this but no real answers, has anyone experienced this? Is it a wedge issue? I am using the factory recommended wedge. Its not a big deal but a little unsettling at times. Thanks for the help

Old 03-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

I would check the wedge being tight against the chute and make sure the wedge bolts are tight to 150 lb/ft. Also check for excessive clearance between the hitch legs and the bed channels. I had to make (4) 0.075 thk shims and added one under each leg to minimize the "slop" in the pins going thru the slots in the legs. I now have to drive them in with a dead blow hammer. I don't take the hitch out of the truck, but it is not a problem to remove the pins with the same dead blow hammer.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #3

thanks

Old Coot, thanks I looked at the wedge today to see if it may have moved over the last 7,000 miles of towing we have done. It does not appear to have moved but I'll hitch up and check again. So the wedge has to be tight against the plate? Also I am a bit confused with your shims. But I think If I apply what your saying I may have an answer. My 15K hitch is easily removed by turning two levers on each side which turn out cams, if you will, from journals under the bed of the pickup. Perhaps the whole hitch moves when a lane change happens? Your thoughts?

Tags
hitch