Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Retired US Navy Diver

Repairs done by non-Forest River RV shop

I am now a happy owner of a Flagstaff V-nose for 4 or 5 months. I do not have a Forest River dealer in my area. I have been taking my TT to a local dealer who then contacts Forest River for authorization for any warranty repairs.

I recently had them put a television swing arm on my TV. They had to do some mounting mods. During this project they contacted me and said that the TV had a mounting bolt broke off in the tv and they would need to send it in for a warranty replacement. When they had finished with what needed to be done my TV is now wired differently.

Initially my tv came connected thru my stereo surround sound system. It no longer is and they say it can't be or will result in early tv burnout (according to their call to Toshiba).

Initially button A turned on front speakers, button B turned on back speakers and button C turned on outside speakers. Now only button A turns on front and back speakers and button C still turns on outside speakers. Button B no longer works. They tell me that a surround sound system must be wired to have all speakers on in order to work properly.

The systems have input for game/MM3 etc. I'm afraid other things are now going to be affected. Not sure what to do.
gktsuda1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
Call the people idiots and bring your RV else where. This will not burn out the TV. If it does I would recommend getting a different one. When TV connects to surround sound it does not matter what happens, where it goes, blah blah blah. They blew smoke so far. I would say get the TV hooked up somewhere else. My RV has same type of surround sound. My B doesn't work but that is cause my camper is too small but my A and C does.

Maybe other warranty work I would let me do with checking it over. But the TV should be hooked up as normal.

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #3

It sounds like they "re-wired" your sound system....WHY? All they were supposed to do was install a swing arm which means all they had to do was unplug the existing cables from the back of the TV and reconnect them in the same order they were when done. Unless, inorder to install the additional bracing in the wall to hold the swing arm they had to remove the stereo/sound center to get into the wall to install the bracing. If that is the case, it sounds as if they didn't hook it back up right. Are all 4 of your interior speakers working or just the "A" speakers? It's great the the dealer will do the warranty work for youand go the "extra mile" for you in contacting FR for authorization. Sounds like they have good customer service but, in this case it appears that the Tech(s) working on your sound system missed something when reassembling the TV and sound system.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote