Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2016, 08:57 AM   #1

Riverstone

We are looking at new campers and the Riverstone has my interest.I looked at one at Tampa show but was not able to talk to anyone and accurate info and reviews seam hard to find.No local dealers and info on Forrest River web site is slim and seams to be out dated,dealers advertising 3 models but web site shows 2 with limited specs as an example.I have been told they will be at Hershey and will be able to talk to rep.I was hoping to find info from current owners and their experiences.Also concerned with lack of info on web it could become an orphan if not popular.Others I am looking at are DRV and Augusta. Can anyone direct me reviews or have personal experience they would be willing to share.
Thanks
Old 09-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #2

We are proud new owners of a River Stone Legacy 38 MB ask us some questions and will see what I can help you with. I will be at the Hershey show staying at the Thousand Trails campground. Also hear that Keystone RV is now a River Stone dealer but do not have any units there and will be the representing dealer at the show.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
Site Team

It's a brand new line for FR, so there's not much info out there
Just came out a few months ago.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #4

My neighbor has one...it's nice. I don't know much about it other than he has a retractable gray/black hose, tankless hot water, EMS, auto level, and individual water shut off for every faucet from the outside compartment. All little gadgets that I'd love to have, lol.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #5

We also will be at Hershey show.I had received an e-mail from FR about Keystone apparently they will have their first units at show.The press release from last sept said they would have 8 floorplans only see 2 on line but see 3 in dealer web sites. My questions are more construction ,weights ,sat & solar cable prep.Is Legacy another model for the Riverstone?
Thanks
Old 09-10-2016, 07:49 PM   #6

My impression is that essentially the Riverstone is an overhauled Dynamax Trilogy. The floor plans and amenities down to exact measurements in many cases are identical. This is just my observation. Almost immediately after the Trilogy was removed from the Dynamax lineup (for obvious core focus and streamlining reasons), the Riverstone showed up looking just like a Trilogy with a different cap on the front and more Asian/Modern decor along with a few more appropriate upgrades that one would expect in an upscale unit (such as power retractable electric tether, higher end energy systems and I believe 3 AC units instead of 2.

It's a nice looking unit and if the Trilogy is any indication, a well built unit. We've had out issues with our Trilogy but overall are extremely happy with it. The quality and bang for buck was unparalleled in my opinion so when Forest River had Dynamax cancel it I was really saddened. It's good to see that it appears revitalized with a more modern makeover as the new Riverstone.

2014 Dynamax Trilogy 37BH
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
Old 09-11-2016, 06:11 AM   #7

River Stone now has 2 lines, the Legacy is I guess considered their top line and the River Stone ( also nice) is a step down with lesser grade components. Legacy offers full body paint, Good Year H rated tires, disc brakes, Lazy Boy residential furniture, Bose sound system and some different interior things to differ the two lines. River Stone line had Walker tires, NO disc brakes, regular rv furniture, no full body paint only painted caps and a different sound system, I believe I heard that at Hershey there will be 3 units,2 of the River Stone and one Legacy but that was back in August so it might have changed by now.
Different floor plans will be offered in both lines but they were not planning on offering the same floor plan in each line to kind of separate them from each other. I did see 2 new floor plans being worked on while we were at the factory but have not been released yet for production. Hope to see you at the show.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:45 AM   #8

Appears to be designed to compete with DRV and as a replacement of the Trilogy in the higher-end fifth wheel market. I would be looking for two options that I don’t think are available from the Riverstone factory, one piece fiberglass roof and Mor/Ryde Suspension.The suspension being probably the most important. Many of the Trilogy owners who travel a lot, made the upgrade. DRV does offer both, however, they were recently acquired by Thor, and so quality will likely begin to decline.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:54 AM   #9

Tried to get the MorRyde IS when we ordered but to no luck, will think about upgrading to it in the future. Trilogy was on our sights to upgrade from our Cedar Creek but could not move on it before they stopped building them so was glad when FR started this line and was following them from the start. It is a very nice unit but as with all time will tell.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #10

Thanks for responses.The Mor Ryde IS for me is necessary I have on my current SOB and really would not want to without it.I have no problem having it installed after.The one issue with IS it adds about 350# per axle so weights of trailer are important. It is under slung weight but still need to pay attention.The only weights I have seen were on a dealers site and listed 1200# as carrying capacity not much! Thanks again
Old 09-12-2016, 10:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Tried to get the MorRyde IS when we ordered but to no luck, will think about upgrading to it in the future. Trilogy was on our sights to upgrade from our Cedar Creek but could not move on it before they stopped building them so was glad when FR started this line and was following them from the start. It is a very nice unit but as with all time will tell.
I agree with the MORRyde upgrade. After two axle failures on our Trilogy, it's in our near future.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #12

We have the 38FB2 and absolutely love it. Have had it since April. Earlier posts suggest the install of independent suspension, but personally I don't see the need for it, as the trailer pulls nice and seams to ride good also.
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #13

WE just got back from looking over the new Riverstone 38MB at our local FR dealer and I have to say they are very, very nice. The MB floor plan wasn't for us but I am interested in either the 39FK (Front kitchen) of the 39 FL (Front Living Room). The FK should be arriving at our dealers location during January, ready for their show in early February.

The Riverstone we saw was very well built and finished to an exceptionally high level. For the outside, I liked the storage compartments, the batteries on accessible, sliding trays and the utility centre where all of the water shut-off valves are in one place with clear diagrams for the various types of RVing. I also thought the access to the spare tire was very neat - sliding out from underneath the RV to a place where it can be reached.

We'll have to see how affordable the FK or FL rigs are and hope the Canadian $ improves against the U$ quite significantly.

Definitely on my "most wanted" list.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #14
Broken Toe

Quote:
We are proud new owners of a River Stone Legacy 38 MB ask us some questions and will see what I can help you with. I will be at the Hershey show staying at the Thousand Trails campground. Also hear that Keystone RV is now a River Stone dealer but do not have any units there and will be the representing dealer at the show.

Yeah, but have you figured out all the light switches yet?

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Yeah, but have you figured out all the light switches yet?

Tim
Why yes we have but decided to not to use them all at once..... hate having to wear sunglasses inside
Old 11-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #16
Broken Toe

Quote:
Why yes we have but decided to not to use them all at once..... hate having to wear sunglasses inside
I hear ya. My new 8329 has about 642 lights in the living room alone, each and every one of them is a like a small, well behaved Sun. With them all on, I can actually see gravity. I guess I could rent the thing out to a movie company or something.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote