Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #1

Rockwood Window Problems

I have a 2003 2885SS and the roll out window in the upper bedroom blew off. I am just starting the process of dealing with Rockwood and I am not getting very far as of yet.

I know this has been a problem and the dealer I bought it from (new) has indicated they have fixed about three of them.

I am looking for anyone that has had a similar problem with a roll out window and if they have had the problem resolved.

So far the word is that I am no longer covered by the warrantee.

I have been told by the window manufacturer (Kinro) that the use of that type of window in the upper unit is the problem.
gregwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #2

Nothing helpful to comment on your window issue, but would like to say...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #3

As of 5/22 Rockwood and Kinro (the window manufacturer) have agreed to send me a new window free of charge. It took a threat of turning it into consumer protection.

I did research in the midwest and found this is not an uncommon happening. If you have a problem don't accept the problem as yours for not securing the window. They know of the problem and will make it right as long as you have the facts.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #4

Glad you're getting a replacement!! Now is the dealer going to install it or are you going to install it?

and to the forum!!!!!!! Start a thread in the welcome mat section and tell us about yourself and your rig!!

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #5

I will install it. I know my dealer would do it if I asked. The dealer is giving me the tape and calking needed to do it correctly.

I am able to do it and enjoy those type of projects.

Tags
5th wheel