Old 08-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #1

RV Dealers Sales and Emails

Good morning all,

I've been pondering the idea of possibly upgrading to a new or newer camper with a little more space for years to come.

I travel alot from work so I've been doing alot of online research on dealer inventory and I don't mind traveling a good distance to find the right RV at the right price, unless I find something local.

With that being said, I'm having alot of trouble getting return emails on information such as pricing, etc from almost every single dealer i've contacted.

One dealer contacted me via phone, I called him back and he said keep emailing me with any questions but, yet it's nearly impossible to get them to respond.

I am just curious if and when people have shopped and researched inventory online did you receive quick responses and continual responses or did everyone get the same type of service?

One dealer wouldn't even respond at all. I know the emails are going out and they are getting them because i've received automated messages or of course get advertisements from them.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Carknocker Family

Bought mine almost completely by email. Maybe three actual phone calls. Couch RV Nation in Ohio. I had a good experience with them and a very good price. Beat local dealer by 6000.00.

2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I had a similar experience when we lasted purchased...it was difficult to understand as it was in November. How busy are they then!

As a suggestion, pick the dealer you have confidence in and like their pricing and order exactly what you want...it'll be there in 6-8 weeks.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #4

Second, email Brannon at Jeff couch Rv nation he is very responsive to phone and email and they have great prices.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #5

I will put a third on RV nation. Phone, email, or chat. They were always very quick to respond to us and had the best price too.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies, glad to hear it just isn't me. It must be the dealers. I know they might be busy now but, most businesses who are in the business of selling should return emails.

I'll have to take a look at RVNation. It's tough since my DW is a very visual person and likes to see everything before a purchase is made!

But, she's also into getting the best price like alot of us so there is always a compromise.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
Carknocker Family

For what its worth, Brannon is also who sold me mine. We went to the local dealers first and picked the one we liked then asked for a quote from RV Nation, then went back to the local and used the Nations price, plus shipping to see if local dealer would deal. Missed by 6K. But the local threatened that if I didnt by it from them, I would always be at the back of the line for service. So the choice is yours on that part.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
Newbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
For what its worth, Brannon is also who sold me mine. We went to the local dealers first and picked the one we liked then asked for a quote from RV Nation, then went back to the local and used the Nations price, plus shipping to see if local dealer would deal. Missed by 6K. But the local threatened that if I didnt by it from them, I would always be at the back of the line for service. So the choice is yours on that part.
Similar here. Bought from Josh Rupp at all seasons RV in Michigan. He actually put me in touch with Wildcat Chris from this forum for advice, etc. Saved 10 thousand. Went to local dealer , explained situation, bought extended warranty, exterior/interior protection, and all our camping supplies from him. (Full MSRP)
This way he gets a piece and I do not wait for service.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #9

They always tell you that you will be last for service, so I bought one from a local dealer to be there "preferred Route 66 customer" every time I call its 3-4 week wait to get in not including service time, and preferred 66 didn't do me any good on the road. Brannon is pretty much in charge under Jeff and knows what he can and can't do every time I have needed service at Rv nation it been in and done in 2-3 weeks. A good dealer will service your unit especially under warranty even if you don't buy it from them to save thousands of dollars.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
DDC

If you manage to do all this by e-mail they would be on record, as every question would be in writing, not a salesman's ideal situation, not saying they are all dishonest but every e-mail would have to be passed by their legal council.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer