Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2016, 09:04 PM   #1

Thumbs down RV Parts Country.com has made me angry!

I have been shopping for a new 5th wheel hitch the last few weeks and decided on the B&W Patriot. In the process I was also looking for the best price.....for the same product. I set up an account with RVPartsCountry.com for a brand new Patriot for $450.04 plus shipping for a total of $473.03. I looked around a little more and determined that was as good of a price as I was going to get and they even followed up with an email to make sure I was going to make purchase.

I placed the order, my card was charged and I received my receipt. I waited 3 business days to inquire about a tracking number and was told they would obtain the tracking information and send it to me. I waited 2 more days (today) and followed up, only to be informed that "their distributer is out of stock and they would issue a refund today".

I went back to RVPartsCountry.com website and found not only is the Patriot still listed, but get this .....has gone up in price ($549.00)!

I replied with another email (calling didn't get me anywhere) and informed them that I thought this was fraud and I wasn't going away.

My account shows that the order has been cancelled!

I will give them a chance to make it right on Monday...we shall see!!
TedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #2

It's out of stock at $450.04, but they've got plenty of them at $549.00!!!

Seriously, it sounds like bait and switch to me.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:47 PM   #3

Yea it does. I am going to push their buttons for a while anyway. I can "Almost" handle it if I hadn't already been billed for it.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #4
Always Learning

Your order was cancelled and they're issuing a refund.

Assuming the refund happens in a timely manner, what more do needs to happen to "make it right on Monday?"
Old 06-17-2016, 10:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Your order was cancelled and they're issuing a refund.

Assuming the refund happens in a timely manner, what more do needs to happen to "make it right on Monday?"
What more? I want the hitch for the price that was agreed and charged to me...not $100.00 more after the fact. It's not like the price was mis-marked like at Wal Mart or something..they actually billed me and completed a contract by doing so. The same price was up on their site for several weeks and they followed up on it as well.

As far as waiting until Monday...they are on Eastern Time and I didn't have enough time before they closed to get any further.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #6
Always Learning

Good luck and I hope you're able to find some satisfaction. Personally, I'd take my money back and shop elsewhere. For me, it's just not worth the fight.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Good luck and I hope you're able to find some satisfaction. Personally, I'd take my money back and shop elsewhere. For me, it's just not worth the fight.
Thanks! You are probably right on that...but I will wait and see if they respond to my last email. It is a matter of principles for me and if they are a legit business they should honor it and go on.

Have a good evening!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:32 PM   #8

The first thing to do is be sure to document any communication you've had with RVPartsCountry.com and any payments made. Then, the best button to push is telling RVPartsCountry.com you plan on contacting your, or the state where RVPartsCountry.com is located, States Attorney General's Office. That's the last people any business whats to hear from. Unlike us, common folk who don't have deep pockets to spend big bucks on a lawyer, the States Attorney General's Office, the highest law in each state, can take any company that they feel is breaking the law to court and fine the hell out of them or even put them out of business. It sure reads like you have a valid case.

You'll first have to contact your (or the state office where RVPartsCountry.com is located or better yet, file a complaint with both states) States Attorney General's Office by phone or email and request a complaint form. Fill it out and let the law take take it course. It can take a while, but many times just a threat of contacting them is enough incentive for a company to quickly revise its thinking concerning a bum deal they're pulling on someone.
https://www.glenphotos.com
WatkinsGlenCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatkinsGlenCamper View Post
The first thing to do is be sure to document any communication you've had with RVPartsCountry.com and any payments made. Then, the best button to push is telling RVPartsCountry.com you plan on contacting your, or the state where RVPartsCountry.com is located, States Attorney General's Office. That's the last people any business whats to hear from. Unlike us, common folk who don't have deep pockets to spend big bucks on a lawyer, the States Attorney General's Office, the highest law in each state, can take any company that they feel is breaking the law to court and fine the hell out of them or even put them out of business. It sure reads like you have a valid case.

You'll first have to contact your (or the state office where RVPartsCountry.com is located or better yet, file a complaint with both states) States Attorney General's Office by phone or email and request a complaint form. Fill it out and let the law take take it course. It can take a while, but many times just a threat of contacting them is enough incentive for a company to quickly revise its thinking concerning a bum deal they're pulling on someone.
Thanks for the advise! I have kept all of my emails and transaction receipts and will use the AG's office if needed. One would think that they would re-think this for $100.. in the long run instead of having to deal with it.

They do their business on the internet. Many of us use forums like this (with several thousand folks on at any given time) to find products and how other RV'ers experiences have been in dealing with them.

I am first and foremost a positive person and would rather give positive feedback to anyone. I will however speak my mind if I feel I am being wronged.

Thanks again for your reply and have a wonderful weekend!

Ted
Old 06-18-2016, 02:47 AM   #10
Site Team

I have a feeling that they are drop shippers, which means they don't actually physically have the product at hand...but just instead order from the manufacturer or a wholesaler as needed when an item is purchased.

The problem with drop shippers is that there are lag times between availability and pricing. The price they had on their site may had been legit, until their manufacturer/distributor raised it...and they didn't find out till trying to place your drop shipping order. Prices fluctuate due to availability.

I just got caught up in this today at my tire business. We special ordered a Cooper tire for a customer Tuesday and got it in Thursday. He came back in today to order another one to match. The distributor I got the one from on Thursday now does not have any of these tires and is telling me 6-8 weeks before they get some more in (but they won't know the price till they are delivered). I found one at another distributor, but it is $27 more....... which is more than I would make in profit if I sold to the customer at the same price. I would be selling at a loss, and then even be taking profit away from the first tire I sold.

It's a conundrum to say the least.

If RV Parts Country gives you a refund, you really are not going to have an actionable complaint, even though it's upsetting. It's just going to be up to them as to if they want to possibly lose money by completing this transaction with you. If you have ordered other things before from them, then they may be willing to do so, in order to keep your business.

Hope it works out for you.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I have a feeling that they are drop shippers, which means they don't actually physically have the product at hand...but just instead order from the manufacturer or a wholesaler as needed when an item is purchased.

The problem with drop shippers is that there are lag times between availability and pricing. The price they had on their site may had been legit, until their manufacturer/distributor raised it...and they didn't find out till trying to place your drop shipping order. Prices fluctuate due to availability.

I just got caught up in this today at my tire business. We special ordered a Cooper tire for a customer Tuesday and got it in Thursday. He came back in today to order another one to match. The distributor I got the one from on Thursday now does not have any of these tires and is telling me 6-8 weeks before they get some more in (but they won't know the price till they are delivered). I found one at another distributor, but it is $27 more....... which is more than I would make in profit if I sold to the customer at the same price. I would be selling at a loss, and then even be taking profit away from the first tire I sold.

It's a conundrum to say the least.

If RV Parts Country gives you a refund, you really are not going to have an actionable complaint, even though it's upsetting. It's just going to be up to them as to if they want to possibly lose money by completing this transaction with you. If you have ordered other things before from them, then they may be willing to do so, in order to keep your business.

Hope it works out for you.
Thank you for that information! That appears to be my situation and it is probably how many sites online sell so many products. I think I have thought it was that way...just never got put out in "the cold" so to speak before this item.

Thanks again!
Old 06-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #12

Profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatkinsGlenCamper View Post

You may lose profit, but how valuable is a happy customer? You can have a customer who is going to come back to you again and let others knows what good service was provided or one that is and slamming ya to other people. Sometimes profit in dollars is worth a loss for customer that will return.

Just a thought I had.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #13

Why don't you just go on line to your Credit Card Provider and cancel the order. Let them get your money back. Most Credit Card you can do this. If you don't have Internet at this time call the number on the back of your Card for Customer Service.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #14

About two weeks ago I was looking online at a Barker 32 gallon tote along portable holding tank. RV Parts Country had the best price that included shipping. I then looked at other peoples reviews of RV Parts Country, and they were not good! I decided to buy it from a company that I have used many times before with great service, RVupgrades.com with free shipping. It cost me about $40.00 dollars more, but I was confident that I would receive it in timely manner. It was delivered 3 days later!!! I will never buy from RV Parts Country after reading those reviews!!!
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #15

File an online complaint with their local BBB.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #16

Get on Ebay and look really good. I purchased a 20k Curt and a 25k Curt 2wks ago from JCWhitney. One was $505 and the other was $515, both was drop shipped from Curt
cotton65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:35 AM   #17

Rv parts country shares building with east ky rv sales, big daddy rv sales, etc.... several business names under the same roof.

My wife and I made a couple attempts to purchase a new 5th wheel from them. We would be offered an amount on trade over the phone, drove down almost 3 hours only to be offered 4 grand less on trade and they were not willing to give at all. Wasted day on the road. Poor customer service, we felt like they didnt care that we wanted to make a 45,000 dollar purchase. ... i wouldn't be surprised at all if your purchase just highlighted someone's lack of attention to check current drop ship prices.
jb4xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:39 PM   #18

Also had a bad experience with RVpartscountry. Placed order after 3 days no tracking number, after a week no tracking number. Called. On hold 43 minutes. Was told the order was on hold for some reason. They had to talk to the manager that afternoon and would call me back. No return call. Called the next morning, on hold again for a very long time. Actually talked with the same person from the day before. After a few minutes. They lifted the hold and processed the order. Was told have no inventory in KY. It is dropped shipped from one of several warehouses. Finally received the order 14 days after placing it.
BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:46 PM   #19

Anytime I order a Curt product from a vendor I get it the next day. But then I live about 10 miles from their plant.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Your order was cancelled and they're issuing a refund.Assuming the refund happens in a timely manner, what more do needs to happen to "make it right on Monday?"
That answer is simple, deliver him the item he paid for at the price they advertised and accepted payment for!

Tags
parts