Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #1

satellite hookups

When we get our trailer next month we want to get the DISH setup for Tv reception. I have been told by them (dish) that I can get an automatic signal finding system for about $100 more than the manual system. I was wondering what your preferences and recommendations are as far as ease of use as well as other options I might want to consider.
yakmeat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #2

It just depends on how much you want to spend. I started with an old dish and tripod that I adjusted azimuth and elevation manually. Now I have one that I set the elevation and it points direction automatically. Both work, completely automatic is the easiest.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #3

On my last 5er I had a Traveler 1000 unit. It would find the 3 satellites for HD without even having a dish receiver attached or turned on. Worked great! Works just like home unit. Make sure you stow it before moving.

Only issue was when your site was surrounded by trees. Then the blu ray movies came out. With a tripod you can move the antenna if needed.

On our new unit the DX3, the antenna only captures 1 satellite at a time. So switching channels may cause the antenna to have to lock on to other satellite. It is annoying to me but does work.

You would have to have another portable unit in order to get around obstructions.

Tags
lite, satellite