Old 04-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #11

What I can't understand is how some CG's get away with the fresh water connection being NEXT to the sewer connection - right next to it!

Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #12

ive heard several places are set up like that....dump is basically a hole with a grate on it..no where for a hose, but i guess you would use one either way.....

i actually have an old white hose that i ran over.....so when i fixed it i put brass ends on the hose to fix it and use it to flush my black tank now....its stored in a seperate tote....cannot remember or count how many friendly (disgusted) fellow campers warned me that i shouldnt use my drinking hose...LOL....needless to say i replaced that perfectly good flushing hose with a different one......to save everyone the trouble of thinking me a fool.....haha

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #13

I'm not obsessive about it, but do try to keep things with their own things. After dumping (And the drop it on the ground bit? Yeah that weirds evenme out) I seriously rinse out the sewer hose, all the connections, then I carry my sewer hose with the caps on (I love this RhinoFlex setup.) and they haven't lost a drop. My white hose goes on a wood shelf I built above everything so if there's a leak of anything, it's above it. And I also connect one end of the hose to it's mate, that seals the hose off and keeps anything out. Things we learn over the years.

But that guy is unfortunately a serious ecoli risk, you ever see him again might want to say something, just don't shake hands.

Worst I've seen is at my local Flying J. The dump station pavement actually leans away from the dump so this guy pulls in with his drivers side away from the dump, I guess to get a better purge or maybe he didn't know.

I'm patiently sitting waiting to dump, chatting with the wife, he's got the hose draped under the rig and I can see the lean is enough that his connection is below level with the hole in the ground. About the time my feeble mind puts two and two together he's walking around the back of the rig headed for the connection. I'm getting out, he's closing the black valve, never touched the gray and never heard me yelling. He popped that hose off and got a black bath. Poor fellow was kneeling down and I saw the stuff run across his legs, off his chest, just awful. He just dropped the hose and looked like someone shot his dog.

I went back to my truck, his wife was hosing him off with the non potable while the station manager was walking out to discuss it.

Me? I put it in gear and rolled away. To this day, that's the worse I've seen. I accidentally managed to get my hands out of sequence and pulled the black valve before removing the cap. Luckily, I closed it, put the hose under and carefully opened the cap losing not a drop on the ground.

That's why I started that things Go RVing doesn't show you. First time I dumped 12 years ago that's the first thing that went through my mind.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Store white hose on a holder in the basement and the black tank hose in a coffee can. Slinky in a hose holder under the trailer. Never the twain shall meet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose Carrier in basement.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	50531   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00062.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	50532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Hose Storage.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	50533  
Old 05-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #15

Kind of gross but Ive seen much worse.Thats actually pretty common from what I've watched over the years.There should be a back flow preventer valve on the black tank flush so I would think as gross as it may look I have to believe the hose was as clean as it was prior to the flush.

Im assuming you are talking about a black tank flush that is made at factory,( next to city water inlet)not one you hook up to your dump valve under rv? If he did that,I agree.Totally wrong move to do.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
While watching our neighbors pack up there new beauty of a TT they were breaking down camp. Guy unhooked the white fresh water hose feeding the rig all wknd and moves it over to the black tank flusher. First mistake. He runs it for awhile and flushes out the tank real good. I then see him coil up the hose into a tote. Then breaks down the stinky slinky (20' worth) and then it goes right on top of the fresh water hose in the tote. He pulls the adapters off the ends and throws em in too. All the while it's dropping poo juice everywhere including the tote. Snaps the lid on and packs here in a storage compartment. Thought I was gonna lose my breakfast.
Probably his first RV. I would have said something. Even if he says something back or gives you a dirty look, later on he will realize that you were trying to help.

I always screw both end of the white hose to make sure nothing gets in there. Every so often I'll sanitize it along with the tank. I also always spray everything down with Clorox Anywhere. I had dedicated one compartment for all sewer related stuff, but now it's much better with the 5x5 fence storage fence post. Haven't had the need to use the tank flusher since nothing but poo and pee goes in the tank. After it's half full, nothing but liquid comes out. We used wet wipes and they go into a diaper trash can.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Probably his first RV. I would have said something. Even if he says something back or gives you a dirty look, later on he will realize that you were trying to help.

I always screw both end of the white hose to make sure nothing gets in there. Every so often I'll sanitize it along with the tank. I also always spray everything down with Clorox Anywhere. I had dedicated one compartment for all sewer related stuff, but now it's much better with the 5x5 fence storage fence post. Haven't had the need to use the tank flusher since nothing but poo and pee goes in the tank. After it's half full, nothing but liquid comes out. We used wet wipes and they go into a diaper trash can.
You dont use your factory bt flush or an aftermarket?....I know my factory btf kicks out a lot of extra junk...half, 3/4 regardless. .....it will drain till clear, but firing up the btf brings more junk....

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #18

"cant fix stupid" .. love that line ...

d-mo
Old 05-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
You dont use your factory bt flush or an aftermarket?....I know my factory btf kicks out a lot of extra junk...half, 3/4 regardless. .....it will drain till clear, but firing up the btf brings more junk....

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.
Haven't used it yet. Never had one in our past RVs. I had a problem once with the sensors and ended up sticking my camera probe in the tank and it was very clean. Problem was with a lose connection on the outside of the tank. I think it's because we don't use any chemicals or throw anything in there...except for coco lube every once in a while. We also don't dump frequently and that keeps things liquefied. When I clean the tank, a couple times a year, I'll use the BTF. In the past I've rinsed them with a hose.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #20

I once purchased one of those clear plastic flush adapter elbows that goes between the dump hose and the tank outlet. I left it in the package, tossed it in the compartment and never got around to using it. The inlaws took the coach out a couple months later and I got a frantic call as they were trying to dump after a week at the park. They said the new flusher was clogged somehow and was full of black water. Turns out there was a clear piece of packaging material shaped like a disc on the outlet side between the hose and the elbow that sealed up very nicely. He had to let 'er rip to get things moving again. It was fun listening to the laughter of the mother in-law as she watched the dribbles run down her husband's hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk