Old 05-18-2014, 05:37 AM   #21
Originally Posted by MKrase View Post
I once purchased one of those clear plastic flush adapter elbows that goes between the dump hose and the tank outlet. I left it in the package, tossed it in the compartment and never got around to using it. The inlaws took the coach out a couple months later and I got a frantic call as they were trying to dump after a week at the park. They said the new flusher was clogged somehow and was full of black water. Turns out there was a clear piece of packaging material shaped like a disc on the outlet side between the hose and the elbow that sealed up very nicely. He had to let 'er rip to get things moving again. It was fun listening to the laughter of the mother in-law as she watched the dribbles run down her husband's hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why most don't let other people borrow there rigs! To many things can happen!

Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #22
After reading this discussion, I don't feel quite so OCD anymore. I've got one hose (white) for potable water. It goes in it's own box with the pressure regulator. I've got a blue hose (supposedly potable) I use for rinsing anything that needs washed or rinsed. It goes in it's own box also. I've got a green hose for the black tank flush. It's stored in it's own box also. The sewer hose goes in it's own box with the caps on. All the boxes are waterproof. I just thought I was being OCD, but now I feel so much better. Thank you'all.

2014 Columbus 3600TH
2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Toys: Victory XCT & Vegas 8-Ball (soon to add more!)
V-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #23
Do you guys that have germ o phobia put an inline water filter at the campground valve?
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #24
Oklahoma Proud
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Do you guys that have germ o phobia put an inline water filter at the campground valve?
Yep, or right outside the camper. (Of course after spraying faucet with bleach or alcohol)

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #25
Thought I was bad! Black elec tape on each end of black tank flush hoses, blue tape on fresh water hoses, red tape on hand wash hose, box of surgical gloves and hand sanitizer in compartment next to black water dump, all stored separately! Sewer hose still in bumper, pending PVC storage under camper, right close to the release.
David & Kelly
2015 Sandpiper 355RE
2015 Silverado 3500 CCSB SRW 4X4 D-maxx

Nights camped in 2016:03😄
D-maxx dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #26
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
"cant fix stupid" .. love that line ...

x2 on that,

or as Ron White the comedian says 'Dumb can be fixed, Stupid is forever'.

Dale & Terri, Lulu & Tiki (our Chihuahua's), New rescue puppy Prince - Pom/Pug mix.
2013 Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7, TRD Off-Road, 4X4, Full Tow Package
2013 Wildwood T26TBSS - Sold
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote