Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
Retired US Navy Diver
I got the TST model of TPMS. Their latest model has replaceable batteries for the sensors. The monitor is rechargeable or can be wired to the TV power. I went several weeks before re-charging. Luckily for me my rims have a recessed hole where my rubber tire stems fit into, so any flex by the tire stem is supported by the rim hole. When getting ready to leave you have to turn on the monitor early as it takes about 5 to 10 minutes for the monitor to begin displaying all the tire pressures and temperatures. Really gives me a cozy feeling knowing that I'll never get caught w/ a flat and not knowing.

The customer service was outstanding. Every call was returned and all issues resolved.

gktsuda1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
As to why you did not feel the thinks your sway controll was doing it's job well!

2006 Flagstaff 831RLSS Travel Trailer

2007 Chevy 2500HD 'Classic' with the Duramax engine.

Converting a 1956 GMC PD4501 Scenicruiser, ex Greyhound into a motor home.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #13
Site Team
RV Tire Systems

I've been eyeing this product for monitoring. I'm thinking about running my current tires one more year. Then, when changing everything, also put in this monitoring system (or one like it). Anybody out there using this brand?
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #14
I use the Doran TPMS. The owners manual says to install steel valve stems. First thing I did when I got the TT home from Elkhart was to have steel valve stems installed and the TT tires balanced. The piece of mind is worth it and it makes checking tire pressure in the morning a snap.
2010 Rockwood 2604SS
2008 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4X4

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #15
i drove thru denver and well south before someone came up along side pointing to the trailer. as i pulled off, i noticed cord flapping. the only thing left was the bead. rim didn't touch the ground. i was driving abt 65 mph. never felt anything. after not being able to remove the tire (wrench was a little too big or a little too small), made it to a tire dealer and they managed to get it off.
i bought the tst? sensors that screw on. i already had the metal stems (was told rubber stems not recomended above 35 lbs (don't remember the exact pressure ceiling but 50 is above it, pressure runs 80 on the trailer). the only problem i've experienced with the screw on ones is they tend to loosen (usually over a season one will loosen a little). pressure will drop abt 10lbs then stop. manufacture recomended using teflon tape.
by the way, the flat pulled in the trailer side (below the floor) and beat the insulation off the bottom of the wheel well.
i like the sensors. would prefere they be mounted inside the tire as well. mine work well without a repeater also.
thought that once installed, i would never have another flat. well i did and was able to take care of it before the tire was damaged beyond repair.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou
Valve Stem Recall

Tire Valve Stems

At the bottom of the page is a recall of rubber tire stems installed from January 2007 to July 2007 (or possibly later).

Valve Stems
snap-in (rubber) valve stems for passenger tires have a maximum air pressure rating of 65 psi (4.5 bars). This will allow snap-in valves to be used in all passenger and some light truck applications.

Metal ones are rated to 100 PSI.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #17
Lost a right rear tire in my 20 foot tandem axle car hauler once. Felt a shudder after getting up to highway speed and thought I just ran over something I didn't see. The trailer never wavered and the only thing I felt was a little "drag" which I thought was a head wind. I couldn't see the rear most tire in the mirror. When I pulled into a rest area a few miles later, I was suprised to find only a rim w/out a tire. The rim never touched the ground. The drag I felt was because the axle was now "tilted" and the left reat tire was not running true with front axle causing friction drag. Lesson learned.....if you feel the tow rig "feeling a little sluggish", stop and check your trailer tires.

rracer5 is online now   Reply With Quote