Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #21

Love all the ideas. It's fun to see the creativity of others. I have the same little spice jars as Yalahagirl. Love them. Though this has little to do with things moving around, we added the paper plate dispenser that was shown in one of my photos, and a napkin holder, as well. This rack that holds the Saran Wrap, foils, and waxed paper is meant to be installed vertically, but we hung it horizontally under a shelf in the upper cabinet. I kept the foil, etc. in a drawer before, but this rack utilizes otherwise wasted space in our overhead cabinets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Napkin Dispenser.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	116016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrap Holder.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	116017  
Old 08-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
We use the rubber shelf liner between plates, bowls, etc. It not only helps keep things in place, it also keeps them from rattling, which is important when driving a motorhome. I've also used the cabinet bars vertically, to keep things from moving forward, which is the natural direction for them to go when driving down the road. Small plastic baskets help keep the smaller items in place, too.
Great idea, I never thought about turning my tension bars vertically.
I also use plastic bins. There are plastic plate and cup holders available that will hold and stack dishes. I also stuff extra dish towels or pot holders between dishes or coffee mugs when traveling.
I also learned the painful way the importance of leveling your rig from left to right; if not level your dishes can slide out on your head when you open the door!
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #23

IKEA makes these plate holders that tighten (with a thumb screw on the bottom) and keep your plates from moving around. The smaller one works well for bowls. If these are used on the gripper, you don't have to worry about movement. DH made a plastic glass holder out of a wooden block to which he attached 3 different lengths of PVC narrow pipe. He capped this off on one end, attached the "poles" to the wooden block and then to the inside of the cabinet. Larger plastic glasses stacked over one, medium size over the next one, and juice glasses over the shorter one. They didn't tump over or move around in the ecabinet. We also had nesting coffee cups that we attached to the inside of the top of the cabinet with screw in cup hooks. When the coffee cups were hooked on these, they didn't move either. After many years of this system, I got rid of all dishes - we now use paper plates & bowls and the Solo cups. I do still use my Melamine cups and still use the cup hooks. This is the information on the plate holder from Ikea....
VARIERA Plate holder IKEA The plate holder is adjustable, so you can customize the width based on the size of your plates.
VARIERA
Plate holder, light beech, stainless steel
$9.99
Article Number: 802.404.16
Size
7 1/2-12 5/8 "
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	116032  
Old 08-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Here is our plate and bowls. They travel like this with no issue.

Attachment 115925

Here are the slotted interlocking dividers. We use them for cups and other places (like my flashlights):

Attachment 115926

Attachment 115927

And we also use risers a good bit. Things don't fall off of these nearly as much as you'd think they would:

Attachment 115928

Attachment 115929
Thanks alot!!!! These pictures gave me a few more ideas, I always struggle with packing stuff so it won't fall all over as we drive.

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:05 PM   #25

For drawers and doors you can use child proof latches.
gsiepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:15 PM   #26

towels or bags of chips

I have thought about buying the bars, but decided to use towels or bags of chips to stuff the deeper cabinets and both work great! Everything stays in place. For the more shallow cabinets, like the medicine cabinet, I use a thin beach towel or hand towel when I remember.
Wonderful Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #27
Another adventure awaits!

Secure items

I use the gripper shelving mats, cupboard bars and stuff pillows in the cupboard ... Bed pillows, throw pillows ... Works great ... have also used the longer cupboard bars on the outside of the cupboards thru the cupboard handles ...
HESN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:17 AM   #28

The adjustable curtain rods do a Great job in our medicine cabinet !!!
I even saw some in the RV section @ Wal-Mart the other day,,,
catching on I guess !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:43 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I have the same problem like everyone, never heard of those cupboard bars what do they look like? I little piece of the non slip works great between plates and bowls. Dose anyone know how to adjust a drawer it keeps opening and I know I will forget to look and that slide will make a big Crunch....I guess I kinda Some of us idiots need pictures, whats a little high jacking between friends...
Can you post a picture of the drawer slide you are asking about ?
Butch Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #30

securing things on cabinets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussPastuch View Post
I also made some shallow containment trays for the plates, etc. A square piece of ply with a 2 inch or so dowel screwed to each corner. Easy to get the plates in and out but they can't slide out of the tray and hit the door open. Having lost a Corning Ware plate yet.
I also made plate and bowl holders with the dowels. It keeps the plates and bowls securely in place. Plus it allows me to stack the bowls really high (we have multiple dogs that need fed 2-3x a day so - many bowls) and they don't move. I made a hardboard template with holes cut into it that fits in the glass shelf and the glasses sit into the holes. No movement of glasses (acrylic - no glass in our trailer) but I like the PVC idea and think I'm going to try it. And like everyone else - the rubber shelf grip stuff on every shelf (pain in the *** but it does keep things from sliding around). cincia

Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #31

We keep the bulkier items in labeled boxes in the bunkhouse. Plastic shoe boxes store items wonderfully in cabinets. Keeps items from flying around and you can see into them easily when unpacking and they are small enough for many cabinet spaces. We also stay away from glass
When we pack the camper, we use strip of painters tape on the cabinet doors and drawers. That way we know that particular area has been checked and packed. Works great to keep the doors closed too. When it's time to break down camp and head home, same thing in reverse. Pack up/Tape up.
Not very elegant, but it works and helps keep track of what you have done or not done.
RubyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #32

We don't use anything in the cabinets and we are on our 2nd RV. Recently, however, hit a bumpy patch and the microwave door opened and the glass rotating dish fell out and broke.
Epat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #33

I pull a 35' rear kitchen trailer.
Nothing tied up, no bars, no nothing.
Everything stays at its place...even the coffee maker on the rear counter.
Never exceed 100km/h, gradual acceleration and easy on the brakes.
That's how we do it !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopie1 View Post
IKEA makes these plate holders that tighten (with a thumb screw on the bottom) and keep your plates from moving around. The smaller one works well for bowls. If these are used on the gripper, you don't have to worry about movement. DH made a plastic glass holder out of a wooden block to which he attached 3 different lengths of PVC narrow pipe. He capped this off on one end, attached the "poles" to the wooden block and then to the inside of the cabinet. Larger plastic glasses stacked over one, medium size over the next one, and juice glasses over the shorter one. They didn't tump over or move around in the ecabinet. We also had nesting coffee cups that we attached to the inside of the top of the cabinet with screw in cup hooks. When the coffee cups were hooked on these, they didn't move either. After many years of this system, I got rid of all dishes - we now use paper plates & bowls and the Solo cups. I do still use my Melamine cups and still use the cup hooks. This is the information on the plate holder from Ikea....
VARIERA Plate holder IKEA The plate holder is adjustable, so you can customize the width based on the size of your plates.
VARIERA
Plate holder, light beech, stainless steel
$9.99
Article Number: 802.404.16
Size
7 1/2-12 5/8 "
Can you tell me where you got this, there is no IKEA near me...Thanks

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:51 PM   #35

securing things on cabinets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epat View Post
We don't use anything in the cabinets and we are on our 2nd RV. Recently, however, hit a bumpy patch and the microwave door opened and the glass rotating dish fell out and broke.
We cut a pool noodle so that it fits tightly in the microwave. We stand it on end in the middle of the rotating glass plate with the top wedged in. this way, even if the door comes open the glass plate should stay in the microwave. Cincia

Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:31 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epat View Post
We wrap that dish in a towel,,, so it can't rattle !!!
Old 08-03-2016, 04:54 AM   #37

Paper Bowls & Plates don't rattle or break !!!
And you can burn or trash them after dinner !!!
Old 08-03-2016, 05:12 AM   #38

Cherry wood cut to length with "spring loaded pins" inserted in the ends,used in Med Cab and Spice rack! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a 003.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	116175  
Old 08-03-2016, 05:50 AM   #39

Wife will kill me for the pictures......... We use child locks going down the road...... Also use the Corelle Dishes....... Are careful when first opening the doors but nothing gets chipped or broken....

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	forum 001.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	116176   Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 006.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	116177  

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:05 AM   #40

Corelle is a great product,,, but I think it requires soap & water after use ???
LOL !!!

Tags
cabinets