Old 10-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I am 6' even and I have a 2012 V-Cross 275 with the short queen and I have never had any issue sleeping in it. I don't sleep fully extended, almost always curlied up a little. Good Luck
X2

Old 10-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #12

We bought a TT a couple of years ago and the item that sold us was the narrow entertainment wall at the end of the bed, the bed was a trailer queen. It separated the sleeping area from the living space. The TT was only 21' so we really liked that feature and it sold us on the TT. Unfortunately after using it a couple of times I began to hate the wall. There was no room between the end of the bed and the wall. I could not get comfortable and had to sleep with my feet hanging out the side. I am only 5'-11". We have since traded it in on a 2014 8265ws with the new floor plan and larger bed.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #13
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
We have a short queen in our Rockwood 2306... I'm 5'-10 and my wife is 6'... We put a 4" standard queen memory foam on top of our mattress and it works perfectly. No issues at all... Gives you a couple extra inches at each end.
KDHfan, I checked your model's floor plan on the web and it appears it doesn't have the entertainment unit at the foot of the bed with no room between them. The models I noted in my post have that arrangement. My concern is that if I stretch out my feet might be pressing against the back of the entertainment unit.

At 5'11" (or 71") that only gives me 3" extra on a short queen and that's only if my head is almost touching the front wall. Since I always sleep with my arms up it would be more typical for me to sleep with my head 3" from the top of the bed leaving my feet right at the bottom of a 74" mattress.

As many have said, we all sleep differently. It's unfortunate you can't rent one for a weekend to try it out before buying.
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
KDHfan, I checked your model's floor plan on the web and it appears it doesn't have the entertainment unit at the foot of the bed with no room between them. The models I noted in my post have that arrangement. My concern is that if I stretch out my feet might be pressing against the back of the entertainment unit.

At 5'11" (or 71") that only gives me 3" extra on a short queen and that's only if my head is almost touching the front wall. Since I always sleep with my arms up it would be more typical for me to sleep with my head 3" from the top of the bed leaving my feet right at the bottom of a 74" mattress.

As many have said, we all sleep differently. It's unfortunate you can't rent one for a weekend to try it out before buying.
The other subject you mentioned is the fact it a radius bottom maybe a 9=12" radius. Besides your feet reaching the bottom the other problem is fitted sheets do not like staying attached to the deep radius, they are designed with pockets for 90 deg mattress the two syndromes are aggravating.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #15
Happy owner SOB

I'm 6', our Windjammer has the short queen with no wall at the foot. NO problem at all, even with the 4 of us. (me, DW, Bailey the Silkey and Boggie the Yorkie. I even have an extra 1 or 2" on my side!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #16

Unless you buy a custom mattress to replace the junky one that comes with the unit you won't be comfortable anyway. Wife and I are both nearly 6' have the trailer queen with a custom build replacing the standard torture pad. The BR is at the front with the head against the front wall which pitches forward giving a bit of clearance beyond the mattress for flailing arms, extra pillows etc. The other three sides are walk around yielding a pitchman's version of an island queen.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
KDHfan, I checked your model's floor plan on the web and it appears it doesn't have the entertainment unit at the foot of the bed with no room between them. The models I noted in my post have that arrangement. My concern is that if I stretch out my feet might be pressing against the back of the entertainment unit. At 5'11" (or 71") that only gives me 3" extra on a short queen and that's only if my head is almost touching the front wall. Since I always sleep with my arms up it would be more typical for me to sleep with my head 3" from the top of the bed leaving my feet right at the bottom of a 74" mattress. As many have said, we all sleep differently. It's unfortunate you can't rent one for a weekend to try it out before buying.
Ok... That makes more sense. Our last TT, an RPod 182G had a 74" with a wall at the head and feet. Neither of us fit well. Fine for weekend camping but not extended stays.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #18

I did not like the short queen , and the sheets were more expensive just my .02

2015 Silverado Duramax w/Allison transmission
2014 surveyor 293RL fifth wheel
1surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed