Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Kev

Sierra vs Sandpiper 32 qbbs

We are thinking of moving from travel trailer to a 5th wheel.
Kicking tires on a Sandpiper 32qbbs or a Sierra 32qbbs.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between the 2. Is it kinda like a GMC and Chev thing?

Does anyone have any experience with this layout?

Also 2nd question is RV wholesalers or Jeff Couch? I know this could be opening a can of worms here.

Pm if you don't want to post here.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Kevin
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
We are thinking of moving from travel trailer to a 5th wheel.
Kicking tires on a Sandpiper 32qbbs or a Sierra 32qbbs.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between the 2. Is it kinda like a GMC and Chev thing?

Does anyone have any experience with this layout?

Also 2nd question is RV wholesalers or Jeff Couch? I know this could be opening a can of worms here.

Pm if you don't want to post here.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Kevin
Hi Kev,
I wish I saw this post earlier. I have the Sierra 32qbbs and absolutely love it. I bought mine from Couch's in Ohio and could not have had a better experience. My salesman was Brian Scruggs and he was terrific. He kept in contact with me every week after I ordered mine and kept in touch throughout the summer, checking on us and our camper.
I ordered in the end of April/beginning of May (can't remember playing keyboard commando) and picked it up at the end of June. I posted my experience in the Couch's review thread.
The layout is great, with the kids up front in their own room. We are in our room in the back with the living area between. We liked the rear bedroom layout because it's different from the norm. We also liked that the bathroom in all inclusive, not having the toilet in a separate room from the shower and having a sink in our bedroom as appeared typical for most 5'ers. The outdoor kitchen is perfect and used constantly. The basement is a little smaller than most, but there is a ton of storage. I compare that to our old lite TT with almost no storage.

2015 Sierra 32QBBS-23 nights camped since the end of June 2014
2015-sorry to say only 11 nights so far, more to come though
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:02 AM   #3
Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
Hi Kev,
I wish I saw this post earlier. I have the Sierra 32qbbs and absolutely love it. I bought mine from Couch's in Ohio and could not have had a better experience. My salesman was Brian Scruggs and he was terrific. He kept in contact with me every week after I ordered mine and kept in touch throughout the summer, checking on us and our camper.
I ordered in the end of April/beginning of May (can't remember playing keyboard commando) and picked it up at the end of June. I posted my experience in the Couch's review thread.
The layout is great, with the kids up front in their own room. We are in our room in the back with the living area between. We liked the rear bedroom layout because it's different from the norm. We also liked that the bathroom in all inclusive, not having the toilet in a separate room from the shower and having a sink in our bedroom as appeared typical for most 5'ers. The outdoor kitchen is perfect and used constantly. The basement is a little smaller than most, but there is a ton of storage. I compare that to our old lite TT with almost no storage.

Thanks for the reply,
I was shopping between the 2...couch's and rv wholesalers. Due to the Canadian dollar and our brutal exchange, I started searching around local in Alberta. There was not much difference between the U.S. And Canadian dealers as far as price went by the time you added in the shipping costs to the border. Then add in the dual pane windows and the R-38 insulation package with heated tanks it made it a no brainer.

I looked local for the sierra's but couldn't find any of the model I wanted in stock, and the one quote I got was for $60,000. Wayyyyy to steep for my paycheck.

We did have local suppliers of the Sandpipers around here though.

Started looking at the 2015's and got a great quote on it but was still a bit steep, so did some more searching and found the late 2014 model which is exactly the same as the 2015 for $5000 less. Had to do that deal, even though it was 3 hour drive to the dealer.

Can't wait for the upcoming season to break it in! The only thing that will make it better will be if the old trailer goes for the price I want.

Did you have any issues with the trailer this summer?

Thanks for the info!
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:46 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just so you know, the Sierras and Sandpipers are built side by side on the same assembly line using the same components. The only difference between them are the the decals and front caps. I also bought my Sierra from Couch's, although I'm only about an hour away. Unless I go to a toy hauler or Class A, my next rv will be a Sierra/Sandpiper.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:25 AM   #5

Congrats on finding one. There are only two differences between the '14 and '15 models. One is the basement door. The '15's have split doors instead of one that raises up. I can't remember the other difference, but it was very small and not important. We were trying to get a '14 but couldn't find one on a lot and had to order a '15. I didn't have any issues at all with ours. I'm not sure I like the basement doors, but love everything else about it. Aquaman is exactly right, the Sandpiper and Sierra campers are the same except the decals.

2015 Sierra 32QBBS-23 nights camped since the end of June 2014
2015-sorry to say only 11 nights so far, more to come though
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandpiper, sierra