Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
Retired

Six Point Auto-leveling and King Pin Stabilizer Jack

Just ordered our first 5er (Columbus 340RK). I was reading a Thread (Six Point Auto-leveling and wheel chocks) and found it very informative regarding the stability of the 5er when the Six Point Auto-leveling system was deployed. I have observed 5ers w/ Auto-leveling systems w/ & w/o King Pin Stabilizer in use. So the question is, with a Six Point Auto-leveling system do you really need a King Pin Stabilizer or is it just personnel preference?
Thank you for your inputs.

Happy Trails
Old 02-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #2

With my 6 point auto leveling system...I personally don't feel need for it. I am going to use my X wheel chock just to prevent the wheels from rocking any.
jbranontn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #3

I use my king pin stabilizer but only in storage the front two legs are down nose high and the king pin stabilizer will be utilize than. when all six legs are deployed I do not use the king pin stabilizer. The trailer is stable enough without the use of the stabilizer or x-chocks.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #4

I use one, after we installed a washer and dryer. Washer shakes the trailer, the tripod helps some. I use everything I can get, tripod, x-chocks, whatever.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #5

I was told when I purchased my 40 foot 2017 fifth wheel with auto leveling system not to use a pin stabilizing pole.
bobandbrenda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling