Old 12-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I have a Cedar Creek 34RL which is very close to 37' long and with my TV I am close to 55' in total length. We have camped in some Federal Parks mainly COE's parks that offer 50 amp full hook-up sites that are over 40' in length. But very few state parks; mainly those west of the Mississippi River. I search each state/Federal park for site size and to see if they offer 50 amp full hook-ups sites. A lot are just 30 amp electrical and water sites with no sewer or just 30 amp electrical only. We than use Google Earth to review the park to see if there are a lot of trees and to see what other campers have to say about the park before booking the site.

I can not see the value of camping in a state/federal park that could destroy your $60K+ 5th wheel; do to a lot of trees branches scraping the sides and tearing the rubber roof. Plus not offering full hook-up 50 amp site. So we tend to use private parks that caterer to the large 5th wheels and motor homes that trim back the tree limbs and so forth. Plus they offer full hook-up 50 amp sites, with cement level pads.
I agree.

GOTTOYS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:25 PM   #12
We have a 43' 5er and yes it can be a pain finding sites that fit. Some places we will fit is but it's a royal pain to maneuver into them. Others are a breeze. Just need to research before going somewhere.

2016 Forester 3171DS Class C Motorhome
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Toad
1993 Mustang 5.0 Notch 5-speed
Chewie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #13
We camped in some national parks along the Blue Ridge that were tight with our 21' travel trailer. The parks were beautiful and I wouldn't get a larger camper just for that reason.
2013 Rockwood 2109S
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
GearHd6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:33 AM   #14
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
Not very many good places to camp in MN if you have a bigger RV. Most other States are a lot better. We have a 34' fifth wheel and seldom if ever camp in MN even though we live here. The farther away you get the better it is.
I had No problem finding C/G in Mn. 34' TT! Youroo!! One was Itasca,S/P mouth of the Mississippi River ,the other is Big Falls,Mn. two of the Many we have stayed at!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 fall 468.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	615.4 KB
ID:	100808   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 fall 421.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	452.9 KB
ID:	100809  

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote