Old 12-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Slideout on flagstaff 5er

Well, I'm back in this Forum. It's been a month or so since I was last here. I just came in to post my latest problem with my "great" 07 Flagstaff 5er. 8528GTSS. NOW my slideout won't go in OR out. After having intermittent problems the last few months, ie. It would go out but not come back in until I either gave it a push or manually cranked it to get it going. The retaining bolt that holds the shaft from the gear to the motor sheared off and had to replace it. It worked off and on for a while. Now as I mentioned above it won't go in OR out. I'm off the the RV repair shop next week. They know me by my first name already, since I've been there so many, and I mean MANY times since I first bought it in Sept of 07. I don't think there's a piece of equipment or construction that hasn't failed. What a pile of junk I bought. The only bright side is that I bought the extended warrantee. That covers most of the cost except the deductible, but it doesn't cover the worries I have each time I take it out. Not knowing what else is going to fail. If I could I would sell it but I don't want to pawn this piece of junk to anyone else. I know I won't get much in a a trade either. No matter what the dealer said when they sold it to me about the great re-sale value. Oh well, "Caveat Emptor" Buyer beware.

TWO4THEROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
I was in the same boat. Decided to trade it in and painfully take the hit. Disclosed all problems to the dealer. No regrets. To me it was worth the peace of mind.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote

5er, 5th wheel