Old 03-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #31

Same here, back in the day when 5th wheels had straight pins , you had to have a slider on a short bed truck or you would risk bursting out the back glass(I know it happen to me) but now 5th wheels come with the angle pins so the sliders are not needed as much but Im still have mine although I have not had to use it at all on my new 5th wheel but you never know, its just peace of mind that it you get in a tight spot that extra few inches might make a difference

Old 03-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Whilst I haven't taken delivery of my 5er yet, I did notice on some pics I took of the unit that I have a Reese Revolution pin on the 5er. Is this what you are talking about. If so, a fixed bed hitch would work fine. As in this video

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...wreply&p=87598
My understanding is the Revolution and Sidewinder are the same. You won't need a sliding hitch. I debated these options also and got many opinions. I decided to go with a fixed pin with a manual sliding hitch.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampscamper View Post
My understanding is the Revolution and Sidewinder are the same. You won't need a sliding hitch. I debated these options also and got many opinions. I decided to go with a fixed pin with a manual sliding hitch.

If you didn't need a sliding hitch with the Revolution/Sidewinder,, why did you go with one?
Old 03-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
If you didn't need a sliding hitch with the Revolution/Sidewinder,, why did you go with one?
The dealer didn't like the Revolution/Sidewinder. I'm not sure why. He said a fixed 5th wheel hitch was all I needed. My truck has a 6.75' bed. Several people told me I didn't need a slide and some said I should get one. I think for the little extra cost, better safe than sorry. It was my choice to go with the fixed pin and sliding hitch. I pick mine up in about 4 weeks. Enjoy your new trailer.

Tags
5th wheel