Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2009, 02:01 AM   #1

So confused: Sierra or Sandpiper?

We are looking to buy a 5th wheel bunk house like the 355qbq, but don't understand the difference between the Sierra and the Sandpiper lines. Can someone shed some light on the differences? Thanks a mill...
meritage98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
Faith, Family, Football

Sierra or Sandpiper?

We too are wondering the difference between the Sierra line and the Sandpiper. We are looking at 5th wheels in both lines and would like to be able to compare apples to apples. Does anyone out there know the difference between these two lines? Which one is higher in the pecking order?

Replies would be greatly appreciated.

Stormhc
stormhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #3

I believe they are truly equal as far as pecking order is concerned. The differences are going to be trim colors, and small things of the like. They are basically the same thing except FR puts a different label on them so two dealers in the same area can both sell them. More visibility : when I was looking at RV's, my goal was to look at as many different brands as possible to get a good idea of differences in build quality, etc. If there were two dealers in Columbia, SC, one with Sierra and one with Sandpiper, I would've basically been giving FR twice the amount of looks without realizing it. Only problem is, most manufacturers do this, so its not like FR has any advantage.
Robert6401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert6401 View Post
I believe they are truly equal as far as pecking order is concerned. The differences are going to be trim colors, and small things of the like. They are basically the same thing except FR puts a different label on them so two dealers in the same area can both sell them. More visibility : when I was looking at RV's, my goal was to look at as many different brands as possible to get a good idea of differences in build quality, etc. If there were two dealers in Columbia, SC, one with Sierra and one with Sandpiper, I would've basically been giving FR twice the amount of looks without realizing it. Only problem is, most manufacturers do this, so its not like FR has any advantage.
This is exactly the reason. The manufacturers promise dealer x that they will be the only Sandpiper dealer in a 80 mile radius but two miles down the road they can have a Sierra dealer who sells the exact same trailer with a different brand name on it. Think Chevy / Pontiac, or Ford / Mercury. Same principle. Pretty much a waste of money and time in my opinion but hey whatever they wanna blow their money on.
CTDSandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #5

I've heard that Sierra outsells Sandpiper 4 to 1, can anyone confirm or substantiate why?
meritage98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #6

its a little cheaper

Tags
5th wheel