Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlemusic View Post
Another teacher here, getting ready to head out in a week to Jetty Park in Cocoa Beach, FL. Hoping hoping for some nice warm beach weather!
We have reservations at Jetty Park in the fall. Have you camped there before? If so, did you like it? We saw a launch from there several years ago

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack77 View Post
Wife and I (both teachers) are looking to do a spring break trip. Thinking Tennessee, Kentucky, or West Virginia. Any suggestions would be great. We have two kids (2 and 4) so needs to be kiddo friendly.

Thanks for the help!
Since your are coming down I75 I recommend Ky Horse Park near Lexington, and Boonesborough State Park, about 20m south. Both are in the KY State Park System, which is rated at the top. Very family friendly at both places. I did check the on line reservation page and they both have spots for the first week of April. KHP's is probably the nicer park but no sewer hook ups. Boonesborough is very nice as well and does have full hookup available. I live about 5m form the KHP and go frequently and meet RVer's from all over the country. If you going further south on I75 you can't go wrong with Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Very "touristy" but the mountains are beautiful. I recommend Pine Mtn RV Resort in Pigeon Forge. If going to West KY for LBW it's a haul and in a different direction than I-75. Good luck with your trip and I'm happy to help with any other questions about the Bluegrass State or this region.

Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #33

Quote:
Another teacher here, getting ready to head out in a week to Jetty Park in Cocoa Beach, FL. Hoping hoping for some nice warm beach weather!
We will be at Ron Jon Caribe Resort, next to Jetty Park, the first week of April. When looking at Google Earth I saw the campground at Jetty and remembered seeing it when we left on a cruise from Port Canaveral a year ago in Oct. I was going to check out the campground for future reference. BTW..I've been checking out the extended forecast for Cocoa that week and looks like mid 70's. I'm betting the pool and surf temps will still be cool with overnight low's still in the 50's. When will you be there?

Old 03-11-2014, 06:05 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriddering View Post
We have reservations at Jetty Park in the fall. Have you camped there before? If so, did you like it? We saw a launch from there several years ago
Yes, we've camped there many times. Great park! Beautiful beach, good fishing from the pier. They've even added wifi in the past year! It's cool to watch the cruise ships sail out right past the campground. Can't wait!
2005 Chevy Express 3500
castlemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
We will be at Ron Jon Caribe Resort, next to Jetty Park, the first week of April. When looking at Google Earth I saw the campground at Jetty and remembered seeing it when we left on a cruise from Port Canaveral a year ago in Oct. I was going to check out the campground for future reference. BTW..I've been checking out the extended forecast for Cocoa that week and looks like mid 70's. I'm betting the pool and surf temps will still be cool with overnight low's still in the 50's. When will you be there?
We're there Monday - Friday March 17-21. Right now they're calling for rain Monday - Wednesday, then sunshine on Thursday. Let's hope that changes! I've seen the Ron Jon resort from the road - looks fun with all the slides and such.
2005 Chevy Express 3500
castlemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #36

Quote:
We're there Monday - Friday March 17-21. Right now they're calling for rain Monday - Wednesday, then sunshine on Thursday. Let's hope that changes! I've seen the Ron Jon resort from the road - looks fun with all the slides and such.
We are there the first week of April. I hope the weather cooperates for you. Please post updates on your trip. I am sorry we will miss not meeting you but look forward to checking out the park.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #37
fx2

We're doing Doheny State Beach in Dana Point, Ca for Spring Break and our inaugural run with the new trailer