Old 08-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Stealth Issues

I'm new to your site, but we just recently bought the Stealth. It is a beautiful trailer and is exactly what we wanted, but we have had multiple issues with it. The shower drain was crooked and it leaked everywhere, first night on our 2 week vacation.

Here is the rest of the list:
1. Bottom of shower door leaks, wasn't caulked properly.
2. Toilet doesn't hold water.
3. Bed's wouldn't retract, generator wouldn't start and the electric hitch wouldn't work until I got it back home.
4. Main electric/power box when you walk in the door was wired incorrectly.
5. The a/c freezes up and doesn't change from low, med, high or keep the trailer cool unless it is dark outside.
6. T.v.'s don't swivel down enough to see the tv without it looking like old film.
7. The front door is not flush and can see light and feel heat coming in and the screen door won't latch

8. Battery doesn't run the lights.

9. Convection oven is a joke or maybe I need to learn more about it.

I just want to contact forest River and see what they will do. We bought the trailer, took it from AZ to OK for 2 weeks, no shower use during that time, but my sister lives there so we just went to her house, then we put it in the shop on July 13 and did not get it back until August 20 and it still isn't right. So frustration is the kindest word I can say at this point. We want our Outback back if this is how Forest River builds there units.

Please if anyone has any great advice I'm up to trying anything.

WonderingWades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
First off, to the Forum. Sorry about your problems. We all have had things happen but your issues really take the cake. Contact your dealer that's the first place to start. There are phone numbers to Forest River that members have posted here on the Forum.....Just hang in there I am sure some one will chime in and give you some Ideas on how to handle your issues.

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
Ronda, welcome to the forum.

First of all sorry for your problems. Although it will not be much consolation to know it but your experience is by no means uncommon in the RV world. It is not uncommon at all for the dealer to have a rig for over a month or more and not fix a dang thing. It is also not dependant on a given manufacturer but you will see horror stories out there about all makes and models of RVs.

The bedroom TV in our Georgetown motorhome isn't mounted in such a way that we can see it in bed so a new mount was in order, very short sided on FRs side for that. Our shower surround does leak a bit but can be solved with a little silicone caulk. Our microwave failed after the first month, the slides needed to be adjusted, a wood grill over the furnace intake cracked, the black water flush system doesn't work due to an improperly installed check valve (have the new part just can't find where FR hid it on the rig). Fresh water tank siphons off 2/3s of it's capacity while on the road due to a poor design in the vent hose. Water supply line for toilet wasn't cut long enough so it leaked, rear trailer light harness socket mounted too low and was wiped out when the rear of the rig bottomed out in a driveway and the driver that delivered it out to our home in Washington from the factory hit a pole at a toll both and banged up the front valance and wiped out a hub cap. All this on a brand new rig. I have fixed most of it myself except the microwave which was fixed under warranty by an Amana shop and the body work which was covered by the transportation companies insurance and fixed at a local body shop.

Moral is you better learn to work on an RV. Oh and yes convection ovens in RVs are a bit of a joke but then I was never sold on them for the house either.

Best thing I can suggest is keep your humor and be patient but persistent.

Best of luck to you, hope it all works out and you get years of enjoyment from your rig.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Smile Thanks

The story and humor really helped. And learning to fix it on my own, is going to be a must. I can do it....just don't really want to. Especially when it is brand new.

I am going to keep my head up and a smile on my face.!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member
NWJeeper is correct. Our Georgetown was at the dealership for 10 weeks for minor problems. Thankfully it was during the winter and we weren't going anywhere but I made arrangements with Camping World for a Satellite System and Inverter one week after I dropped off the motorhome for the installation in 2 months. We went back to the dealership after 10 weeks, picked it up so I could get the other work done while they claimed to be still waiting for parts. Most of the repairs I did myself but missing items is another story. You will find that as you go on and take care of this and that, it doesn't outweigh the enjoyment of getting away from it all while camping. So, chin up and get your tools ready because I'm sure you'll want to change some things and add some things and occassionally repair some things.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
Thanks for all of your input....sure makes me feel better. I have it in Flagstaff and the shower is still leaking....I'm going to home depot and will fix it myself. No more weeks at a time in the shop. I'm taking cfsoistman's advise!! Because these little issues don't outway
Old 03-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
Newbie point of view....but if everyone just shuts up and pays the cost of repairs and does the labor involved ON BRAND NEW $30,000+ RV's that have shoddy workmanship ... where's the incentive for the manufacturer's and dealers to build them worth purchasing in the first place?!?!?

4x4chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
Congrats on the new Stealth and Welcome to FRF. If you contact Forest River and tell them the problems you are having and are at all handy, they will usually send you the parts you need to make the repairs. I have done this on several occasions and they have been very responsive. While 4x4chevy has a point, bringing it back to the dealer for every little problem gets to be a real pain. I have had to have some work done at dealers that I couldn't do my self but mostly I like doing the work myself. If the dealer where you purchased the unit is far away, contact Forest River and ask if you can get the repairs done at a local dealer. You would need to pay for the repairs and then get reimbursement from Forest River. I have done this also and FR has really been very cooperative and responsive to my problems.
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
Keep us informed, pls?

Please let us know how it goes with your trailer!
I was strongly considering buying a Stealth SS2216 from a dealer in TX.
Now I'm not so sure...

Thx and good luck
4x4chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
Site Team
Problems with a RV are never fun but it is worse when it has a material negative impact on your vacation. We once had a Rockwood pop-up (it was new) and had a number of issues on a 2-week vacation to the Rockies. It does detract from your trip. Maybe the moral of the story is that we should all take a couple of shake-down trips to surface these issues and get them handled before we go on our BIG trip. Hopefully issues are one-time, initial problems and not on-going!! RVs seem to all be handy-man specials though don't they?

2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote