Old 03-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
I had a similar issue with my camper- turned out to be the shower door! There is a channel at the bottom of the door that diverts the water to either side of the door, and whenever someone opens the door, the water runs out like a gutter to the farthest outward area. That may be how your carpet gets wet there. Just a thought!!! Randy

/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #12
Let me ask this, dose the wetness show up after a shower or just any time. Like I said strange things have happen, if water was not seen on the surface of the floor then where else can it be coming from other then the cat, and as far leaving the door open after taking a show I don't think that much water is going to drip off of the door and cause a stain, most people close it was soon as they get out. As far as condensate, I would not rule it out It looks like it is inline with the duct work, you can pull the carpet back and inspect, see what's under the carpet Who knows. Just an Idea.

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Doubt if it's condensate since there's no other evidence near any other supply registers and water doesn't flow up hill. If it was condensate you'll have a bigger problem within the floor itself since the amount of water on top would be a small percentage of the overall amount of water. I'd lift the carpet and see if there's a tear in the linoleum under the carpet in that area that's allowing water to enter through. But that doesn't solve where the water is originating from. Can you see under the shower? Is it possible there's a leak there and it runs under the linoleum? It won't show up on the bathroom floor since it is most likely caulked at the floor. Just another idea. Good luck, I'd really be interested in the findings once located.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
I agree, water dose not flow up hill, but if there is an openning in the top of the duct work and the bottom of the pylwood is expossed the plywood will absorb the moisture and until the plywood can't hold any more it will drip down into the ductwork and lay at it's lowerst point until it evaporates. If the heat ducts were in the ceiling, then the condensate will drip out of the supply vents by the force of the supply air. Condensate devlops on the warm side of material not the cold side. With A/C in your camper, if the ceiling gets wet around the return on the ceiling there is a lack of insulation around the duct work, the warm air is coming in contact with the supply duct which is cold and condensate begins. I had this problem when I first bought my camper and knew what was going on and had them fix it. I am NOT saying this is the problem, but I would still have a look, it's easy and takes very little time to do.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #15
My shower door holds water at the bottom of the door. I notice when I open the door a good amount of water flows towards the outer edge of the door and drips onto the floor. Could this be happening after someone uses the shower, they leave the door open and the water drips in that area?
2006 Hemi Ram Quad Cab 4x4
2005 Cherokee 28A+

Bduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #16
Not trying to be a wise guy but is that the cat's litter box with carpet in front to help keep down the litter travel? Hmmmm How often is the litter changed? Just a thought
arjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #17
Do you have a roof vent above that spot? If so, could it have been open and raining on the days that you noticed the wet spot?
Even though I have MAX Air II vent covers, if I leave the vents open too far and the wind is blowing as it rains it will leave a small amount of water in the floor and a damp spot on our bed directly below the vents.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is online now   Reply With Quote