Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #1

Suggestions

I am looking for suggestions of what fivers to look into. I have a 2013 f-250 6.7L diesel just for those weight police out there. I am starting to look into getting a nice fiver but it must have a bunk house in it (due to my children and I will be using it for work so it must sleep multiple people). I have the increased payload of having f-350 leaf springs and super springs on my truck so payload is not really a concern to me. I was wondering what models and brands my fellow members would recommend looking into? Thanks for all your help in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
turnerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #2

Cedar Creek/Silverback are good brands with the Forest River group.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With a F350 dually

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #3

Also check out the Sabre or Columbus line. Many very happy sabre bunkhouse owners here, including us with our 34tbok. We pull with a f250 V10 gasser and have no problems and it feels very steady
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #4

How many people for how long on average?
Washer/dryer setup?
Bunks?
Dual bathrooms?
Kitchen Island?

There are so many options out there we spent two years looking at trailers both FW and TT.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
How many people for how long on average?
Washer/dryer setup?
Bunks?
Dual bathrooms?
Kitchen Island?

There are so many options out there we spent two years looking at trailers both FW and TT.

I will generally have one to 2 people besides myself for one to 2 months at a time. Washer/dryer is not required but would be nice. Same with the kitchen island. Dual bathrooms would be a major plus but again not required. The outside kitchen is required and must have a reefer and microwave in it.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #6

Wildcat 312BH-OK. We have the EXtraLite but they have leaded version if you can handle the weight. Happy Camping.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:41 PM   #7

Be sure to test bunks by laying in them. These are usually best suited for the younger kids. My first TT with bunks ended up being a used as extra storage because the teens were too cramped in them. My reason. For gett
Sans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #8

can't figure how to edit a post that was done on my phone. to finish my thought above. My reason for getting the TT with bunks was so we didn't have to make beds every night. After a few attempts to sleep in them, they complained of being too narrow and too confining - they'd hit there head if they sat up all the way - one took the fold out couch and the other the dinette. And we had plenty of shelf storage. And still breaking down beds each morning so we had somewhere to sit.
Sans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #9

we just bought the silverback 35QB4.....plenty of room, the back beds and couch are comfortable and wider than other bunks we looked at.....people can pass without doing the you move here, I'll move here dance, half bath is great for kids.....plus with all the traveling we do I like the goodyear tires and beefier suspension that is on this one.....plenty of cargo space.....

my wife loves the kitchen area.....

my kids are all moved out, except when we go camping and some how we gain one or two at that time, especially if it is near beach....lol...so we needed bigger living area...she found the washer dryer hook-up and was sold....

there are so many models out there good luck, shopping, cause we looked for a couple of months, and were in and out of Trailers, probably wore salesman out...lol......
OutlawAdventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #10

Thank y'all for the suggestions this far they are very helpful! I can't believe how long and drawn out this process is of finding the right camper for me it's just insane trying to decide how to spend my hard earned cash!! PLEASE keep the suggestions and goods and bass coming!!