Old 05-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #1

Surveyor 235RS or 255RS?

We are trying to decide between the Surveyor 235 and the 255. The 255 has quad bunks and seems to have a little more storage. We can't find either one at any local dealers, so we haven't seen them other than in brochures and pictures on the internet. Does anyone here have either model? I'd like to hear what you like or don't like about either one. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #2

Can't say I've seen either one other than the floor plans on the net. But you're probably right that the 255 would have more storage. Storage on a TT is a premium in most cases. I pull a 5'er so I have an abundance. Definately try to find a dealer that has one of each in stock even if you have to drive a ways to see them. My guess is you'll probably like both and it will be just a matter of what you are REALLY looking for. I've got 2 kiddos and my 5'er has 3 bunks and the bunks are pretty large right now (they are 7 and 8). This gives us the ability to take up to 2 friends right now and they have their own little room (they really dig that). Take your kids with you when you look also. They will definately have an opinion albeit an emotional one to the rig they like. That's how we ended up with ours.

Good luck in your search and keep us posted as to what you decide.

Also WELCOME to the forum!!!! Introduce yourself in the "Welcome Mat" forum. We'd like to get to know you.

Cheers!!

greg

Old 05-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #3

Question FR Surveyor SV 235RS - advice?

Hi All - I'm brand new to this forum. We are THIS CLOSE to buying a 2007 FR Surveyor SV 235RS. We really like the floor plan for this trailer - the kids have their own "fort" area in the back! My only concern is that I spent some time reading all the various forums on the web - WAY too much info available on the web! There are a couple of strings of mail that have me a little concerned about FR products and reliability. However, I think I'm convinced those are just a handful of people that had the bad luck to not only have serious trailer issues, but also a dealer that didn't help them. FR has an unsat BBB rating, BUT they also have only 45 compliants in 3 years - that doesn't seem excessive given the size of their business. I found this forum and feel a bit better. Anyone out there have this particular trailer? Do you like it? Have you had any issues? Should I drive to town and close this deal today?? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you from Sue & family in snowy Colorado. :-)
Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spences View Post
Hi All - I'm brand new to this forum. We are THIS CLOSE to buying a 2007 FR Surveyor SV 235RS. We really like the floor plan for this trailer - the kids have their own "fort" area in the back! My only concern is that I spent some time reading all the various forums on the web - WAY too much info available on the web! There are a couple of strings of mail that have me a little concerned about FR products and reliability. However, I think I'm convinced those are just a handful of people that had the bad luck to not only have serious trailer issues, but also a dealer that didn't help them. FR has an unsat BBB rating, BUT they also have only 45 compliants in 3 years - that doesn't seem excessive given the size of their business. I found this forum and feel a bit better. Anyone out there have this particular trailer? Do you like it? Have you had any issues? Should I drive to town and close this deal today?? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you from Sue & family in snowy Colorado. :-)
First off, to the forum. Stop by the Welcome Mat and introduce yourself. I think with ANY RV you are going to have issues, just the nature of the beast. Mass produced products on an assembly line. If YOU and YOUR family are pleased with the floor plan. Go for it! Just spend A LOT of time inspecting and going over it BEFORE signing ANY paper work. Make sure you get ANY and ALL issues handled or settled IN WRITING before taking delivery. Run through EVERY system with the tech and expect to spend about 2 or so hours doing this. Make sure you know how everything operates. Hook it up to water and power. Fill up all the tanks and check for leaks. There are a LOT of things to check. Climb on the roof and look for tears or soft spots. Make sure they have washed the roof too (Sometimes they'll just wash the sides and not the roof). Google RV Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI). Print out the list and take it with you. Take a flashlight. Make sure you also check tire pressure to the specs and lug torque (these are a pet peave of mine).

Good luck and let us know what you decide!! Oh and take a camera along as well. Take pictures of EVERYTHING.

cheers!

greg
Old 05-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #5

Smile

Thanks for the reply Greg! We did finally decide to just GO FOR IT and we signed on the dotted line tonight. We pick up the trailer Saturday and we will take your advice to heart about getting everything checked out first. After spending alot of time surfing the web and reading about everyone in America's RV issues, we've decided to invest another $1300 in a total 7 yr bumper to bumper warranty. That makes me feel better. We're very excited! I'm going to go make Memorial Day reservations for our first trip! Thanks for your help.

Tags
235rs, 255