Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #1

Tankless water heater?

Hello everyone. We have recently purchased a Salem TT, park model, that we park in the mountains for weekend use. We burned out the element on the hot water heater by mistake, and are thinking of replacing it with a tankless water heater. Has anyone had any experience doing that with a TT? Thanks very much for any input you can share.
chaifarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #2

chaifarm,

I have not had any dealings with tank-less water heaters but iIf all you did was burned out the electric heating element, it's easy to replace and cost way less than a tank-less water heater.

If you have you mine set on replacing your WH with a tank-less, the RV 500 Tankless Water Heater is a direct LPG(propane) replacement.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #3

BTW, Welcome to the Forest River Forums.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:12 PM   #4

Tankless water heater

Hello Milzat. Thank you very much for your helpful response. I will definitely look into the product you mentioned. I appreciate your help. Kind regards.
chaifarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #5

Did you ever install the RV500???
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Did you ever install the RV500???
Boomer, you need to look at the date of the last post and the number of posts this person has. Their last post was almost 4 years ago and they have only posted twice. I don't think they are active on the forums anymore to give you an answer.

If you are considering a tankless heater I could say this, we have one on our house and love it. However that said on an RV I don't see the reasoning for them as we don't leave ours on all the time unless we are using electricity (and the electrical element) to heat water. If dry camping there is no need to be heating the water when you don't need it, I turn it on in the morning for one cycle and then again in the evening for doing dishes or showers.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote