Old 09-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #1

Tanks, tanks, tanks

So on my 2014 Chappy lite 29bhs the tank sensor displays 2 gray tanks. I'm trying to figure out capacity and all the literature I have and can find online it says there's 1 tank with 66 gal cap. I have 2 seperate valve pulls. 1 in the docking station the other is behind the wheel on the street side. Does anyone know how many tanks I have? Also my black tank flush seems to not be working. Water is running into the tank but it only sounds like a small trickle. What noise should it make. I filled all tanks with water and treatment and the black with some laundry detergent and they have sat for about a week. Is the anything else I can do to fix it?

swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey772 View Post
So on my 2014 Chappy lite 29bhs the tank sensor displays 2 gray tanks. I'm trying to figure out capacity and all the literature I have and can find online it says there's 1 tank with 66 gal cap. I have 2 seperate valve pulls. 1 in the docking station the other is behind the wheel on the street side. Does anyone know how many tanks I have? Also my black tank flush seems to not be working. Water is running into the tank but it only sounds like a small trickle. What noise should it make. I filled all tanks with water and treatment and the black with some laundry detergent and they have sat for about a week. Is the anything else I can do to fix it?
Your floor plan shows you have 2 gray tanks. one on each side of your axels. I'm guessing 33 gal each. Why don't you think the black tank is not working. there is not much to listen to in your black tank except PLOP!

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Your floor plan shows you have 2 gray tanks. one on each side of your axels. I'm guessing 33 gal each. Why don't you think the black tank is not working. there is not much to listen to in your black tank except PLOP!
The black tank flush. It sounds like a little trickle. I installed a tornado flush on my previous trailer and that thing sounded like a tornado lol. Shouldn't this one sound the same?
Old 09-27-2018, 11:14 PM   #4

[QUOTE=swampdonkey772;1938386]The black tank flush. It sounds like a little trickle. I installed a tornado flush on my previous trailer and that thing sounded like a tornado lol. Shouldn't this one sound the same?[/QUOT]

Mine is too old for a black tank flush. I have not been near one with a black tank flush so I don't know what they are supposed to sound like.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #5
Head Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey772 View Post
The black tank flush. It sounds like a little trickle. I installed a tornado flush on my previous trailer and that thing sounded like a tornado lol. Shouldn't this one sound the same?
It won't sound the same as the Tornado Flush, but it should sound like more than a trickle. Have you checked the inlet screen to see if it's plugged up?

Do you know where the backflow/anti-siphon preventer is? It's normally in the lavatory cabinet. It may be plugged up as well.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
It won't sound the same as the Tornado Flush, but it should sound like more than a trickle. Have you checked the inlet screen to see if it's plugged up?

Do you know where the backflow/anti-siphon preventer is? It's normally in the lavatory cabinet. It may be plugged up as well.
I will have to search for it and look at it. Thank you. I did notice a bunch of gunk that was clogging the screen in the kitchen faucet.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
I'm Lost

My factory equipped black tank washer on our Rockwood Signature 8310SS makes a buzzing sound when water is flowing. I'm assuming that is what it is supposed to do.

Geoff

2013 F150 Screw, 6.2L gasser, HDPP, LT tyres, Firestone Air Bags, 250L aux tank.
2013 Rockwood Signature 8310SS

wabakami is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank