Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2019, 12:27 AM   #1

Thinking of making a change to a Puma 31RLQS

Hello all,

We currently have a Cherokee 274RK and we like it a lot. However, We would really like to have a larger bedroom, which generally means another slide. I've been looking at lots of floor plans. I'm not particularly brand loyal, so I've looked at a Coachmen Catalina 333RETSLE, a jay flight 34rsbs, and a Keystone Sprinter 319MKS as well as the Puma 31RLQS. Stick and tin doesn't bother me. I've had smooth side rigs too and I think those have their own problems too and some of what I've been looking at is like that. My Cherokee has been great so far. I like the floorplan of the Puma a lot. I never expected to see a washer/dryer hookup at the price point I'm considering, but there it was. Any thoughts any of you might have would be welcome especially those of you with personal experience with any of the rigs I have mentioned. I'm also open to other suggestions. I'm not at all interested in bunkhouse campers. I would also like to stay below and unloaded weight of 9K. I would also like to stay as far below 30K in price. I know the list prices of some of the rigs I'm considering are above that, but I'm pretty sure the street prices are well below that on most of them. All of the rv's I've been considering weigh about 1 to 1.8k more than my Cherokee, but I think my old Dodge RAM 2500 with 8.0 liter v10 will pull any of these OK. It's rated to pull 13K and has a 2600lb payload capacity. Fully loaded, I shouldn't be over 10K, since I don't haul water in my fresh tank. I do expect to pay more at the gas pump though.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Librarianwhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:41 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarianwhs View Post
Hello all,

We currently have a Cherokee 274RK and we like it a lot. However, We would really like to have a larger bedroom, which generally means another slide. I've been looking at lots of floor plans. I'm not particularly brand loyal, so I've looked at a Coachmen Catalina 333RETSLE, a jay flight 34rsbs, and a Keystone Sprinter 319MKS as well as the Puma 31RLQS. Stick and tin doesn't bother me. I've had smooth side rigs too and I think those have their own problems too and some of what I've been looking at is like that. My Cherokee has been great so far. I like the floorplan of the Puma a lot. I never expected to see a washer/dryer hookup at the price point I'm considering, but there it was. Any thoughts any of you might have would be welcome especially those of you with personal experience with any of the rigs I have mentioned. I'm also open to other suggestions. I'm not at all interested in bunkhouse campers. I would also like to stay below and unloaded weight of 9K. I would also like to stay as far below 30K in price. I know the list prices of some of the rigs I'm considering are above that, but I'm pretty sure the street prices are well below that on most of them. All of the rv's I've been considering weigh about 1 to 1.8k more than my Cherokee, but I think my old Dodge RAM 2500 with 8.0 liter v10 will pull any of these OK. It's rated to pull 13K and has a 2600lb payload capacity. Fully loaded, I shouldn't be over 10K, since I don't haul water in my fresh tank. I do expect to pay more at the gas pump though.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
If you want room, check out the Rockwood 8332BS
Old 04-18-2019, 06:31 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice. That is a magnificent rv. Don't know if I can afford it though. I'll have to shop around a bit. Again, thanks for the advice.
Librarianwhs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma