Old 01-28-2015, 04:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
I looked one over pretty closely and I think you can use an Equalizer 4 point with it. You might have to place the bar mounts slightly farther forward on the A frame than is optimal, but I don't think it would be by much. Equalizer even states this is acceptable, you just lose some of the leverage of the bars.

Our dealer recommended and are installing the Equalizer system. Reese Dual Cam systems require too much modification on the Vibes.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #12
L J

Being a newbie here, don't know if this is the place to ask about the Vibe 268RKS.
We have decided to get one but we still have ??? Are they made only in Elkhart, In. or also in Harrisburg, Or.? Are they manufactured the same? Heard from east & west dealer about underbelly being heated by radiant & out west they ducted heat it. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Prices asked from back east to out west are incredibly different. some a $4000 difference in price. thanx for all....

Old 02-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
Being a newbie here, don't know if this is the place to ask about the Vibe 268RKS.
We have decided to get one but we still have ??? Are they made only in Elkhart, In. or also in Harrisburg, Or.? Are they manufactured the same? Heard from east & west dealer about underbelly being heated by radiant & out west they ducted heat it. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Prices asked from back east to out west are incredibly different. some a $4000 difference in price. thanx for all....
RVWholesalers is the dealer I was working with and was given a great price. I've purchased campers from them in the past and have my new Puma on order. I recommend calling them and asking if there are differences. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at their prices and service, too.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #14
L J

Thanx, only thing about RV Wholesalers is they are about 2800 miles away.

I talked to the Forest River rep who also lives 5 miles from me... He gave me some very very good info on the Vibe...Oregon built are a little better built sounds like...offered a tour of the factory...Guess that it's open to the public anytime (9-5)...Anyway buying one in Salem Or..No sales tax there
Old 02-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Thanx, only thing about RV Wholesalers is they are about 2800 miles away.

I talked to the Forest River rep who also lives 5 miles from me... He gave me some very very good info on the Vibe...Oregon built are a little better built sounds like...offered a tour of the factory...Guess that it's open to the public anytime (9-5)...Anyway buying one in Salem Or..No sales tax there
You mean you don't have to pay sales tax when you register it???
Old 02-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #16
L J

No not in Oregon but yes in Wa.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #17

Quote:
T...Oregon built are a little better built sounds like...
You're saying your Forest River Rep told you that the Oregon units are built better? I find that...surprising. Was he telling you that to convince you to buy locally vs. from RVW who would have Indiana models?

I would take anything uttered by a factory Rep with a large grain of salt.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #18

Forest River VIBE 268RKS first thoughts.

Don't know where this was built but I assume Oregon since we purchased it in Oregon. This is our first new RV and first long distance adventure. We've owned a '98 24' Fleetwood Wilderness since 2008 (purchased from my Uncle & Aunt) and used for Fourth of July, Labor Day, and hunting in the Blue Mountains of Eastern Oregon and have never been in RV parks so we are noobie's to this for sure. The Wilderness was built very well and served our purpose but it's the only comparison we can make so some of the stuff I say might be what everyone experiences. The decision to go with the VIBE 268RKS was based mostly on feel. I did a lot of research before shopping and thought we were focused on Keystone Cougar or Denali. A fifth wheel doesn't suite us as we haul ATV's & I don't like toy haulers.

Good Stuff

The kitchen located at the end is huge. We both love to cook and this is important. Lots of counter space and storage. We can both actually be in the kitchen (one at the sink, other at the stove or prep area) and not be crowded. After looking at 20 floor plans, this feature sold us on the VIBE. The appliances are stainless steel and look great. There is a separate, huge grey tank for the kitchen and a nice faux tile backsplash.

The lounge area is very comfortable. The two recliners, although they are vinyl, are soft, solid and comfortable although they need to be pulled away from the window. Bulkhead storage is only over the couch and with the curved ceiling the feeling is very open. We need big windows and light, and similar to the Denali's, this has both. The floor is wood grain vinyl and looks great. Carpet is limited to the slide. The furniture is dark brown with white stitching and the walls subdued with little pattern which suits us. The curtain rods are substantial and ornate, nothing we care too much about, but others might find it a great touch.

The bathroom is perfect. Residential size toilet, nice roomy shower with curved glass doors, a large overhead skylight and next to the bedroom. The bathroom and bedroom have regular doors which is great.

The outdoor kitchen is cool with a full sink and refer. Nice to have condiments (and a few handy beers) in the outside fridge. The single, huge pass through compartment was perfect and the remote control 20' awning a dream although the door is up against the forward arm. The tv antenna is fixed and although we have no experience with television on the road, we get lots of channels here in Blythe--most of which are Spanish. There is a television out connection next to the outside counter. Next time we will have our Dish. The trailer is 'solar ready', the tv has a great picture, and the stereo system sounds great. There is a dedicated device charger plug and LED lighting which runs completely around the kitchen counter and makes for great night ambiance. LED runs the length of the awning and puts out plenty of night light to play cards, etc. in the evening. The batteries are inside the pass through, out of the way, but easily accessible.

While some of the trim corners are rough, it and windows, fixtures & drawers seem to be placed with care and don't seem cheesy. Suppose time will tell, but nothing I can't deal with.

Overall length is 32', the 268RKS pulls easy and seems 'lite' but we've got a new 3/4 ton Silverado diesel so it should pull easy.

We've used heat and AC and are pleased with both. The heat vents are in the floor and the single vented AC unit works great and is quiet.

Not So Good Stuff

Again, we're new to this stuff so perhaps everyone has similar problems unless one can afford an Airstream. None of the anchors for the window blinds stay in place and two of them wouldn't hold the blinds up. I cemented little blocks and screwed into them which worked perfectly. The 1/4" blocks are in line with the top hangers, so the blinds go up and down smother & don't hit the exit latches or window knobs. A few other smaller screws are loose here and there, but I'll use the super glue drop thingy when we get home.

One of the cross wood pieces that provide support under one of the dining benches broke right off. The staple job wasn't very good but it was an easy fix with a drill and two screws. Two cupboards opened while on the road. One broken dish and a few canned goods on the floor, but no gashes (the floor vinyl seems very durable).

The 60+ gallon galley tank has its own discharge port but it is under the slide.

The double propane tanks located in the nose are the little bottles (4 or 5 gallon?) which we thought was weird. There is ample room for the big ones and because we do a lot of dry camping I will retrofit when we get home.

I took the light brown window treatments (look like drapes) down and left the little valance thingy's. It makes the space look larger and cleaner.

The bedroom has designated mounting points for a television and coax connector. We don't intend to have a tv in the bedroom but some may find this a good feature. Other than that, the bedroom is fairly standard with not much room between the foot of the bed and the wall.

The scissored front and back stabilizers can be controlled from the remote or switches. With them in place there is still a lot of movement in the trailer and we're not all that heavy. This is my biggest drawback. I would have preferred four separate manual stabilizers.

Other than the floor stability, the negatives are minor and time will tell if there are hidden issues. Hope this helps anyone considering the VIBE.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #19

Thanks for that great review.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #20

Thanks for the review. We are awaiting the arrival of our first camper/TT. We ordered the 279RBS due in early March. I will try to post my thoughts once we get it out and setup.

Tags
vibe