Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #1

thoughts on tt

Hi everyone, this is my first thread in this forum, and i will start by saying i appreciate any feedback i get. Now... i am looking into the grey wolf 29bhks model. I have three kids and bunks are a must. I currently have a jayco 23b, and we have grown out of it. My question is do you think the quality is comparable going from a jayco to a forest river grey wolf unit. I am towing with a 2010 dodge 2500 with the hemi so towing is not a problem, i am more interested in if you think i will be happy with the quality of the 29bhks unit. The layout seems perfect for my family. We probally camp 10-15 weekends a year. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks again
sdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Site Team

i own a FR product but i think Jayco makes a great product.
i seem to remember that the Grey Wolf line is a lower end line, versus the other FR TT lines.

i've been in a couple of smaller Grey Wolf TTs and i don't think they are even close to the quality of the Jayco TTs.

Jayco is definitely as good, if not better than a Grey Wolf TT.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

That's a hard one to call, sdog. The quality will be evident as you compare to your Jayco. Compare the frame, insulation, slide mechanics. What about the little things like the hardware for the drawers, interior woodwork, etc?

I have only stepped into a Grey Wolf and was not paying enough attention to compare, but I think this is something you can do well since you already have the Jayco.

If it helps, from what I have heard on a number of boards, I agree with bikendan that the Grey Wolf is considered to be a line that is of lesser quality. But then they are also more economical IMO.

What was your opinion as you inspected the trailer?
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #4

sdog,
Can't say much about the Grey Wolf as I really haven't checked them out. I do have a FR Rockwood 8317SS which is a bunk model. It has been a great unit with minimal issues. Great setup for kids having 4 bunks, 2 of which are adult size. Storage is fantastic. Mine is an 08 and I see the newer models offer extra goodies mine doesn't have. You may want to take a look at that model.

My nickels worth...

Happy shopping.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #5

Welcome,
The 29bhks unit is great trailer for you and family. Plenty of room. We bought one very comparable to that one. Bought it in Utah at Rocky Mountain RV in Logan, Utah. Goodluck
bigdaddy23 is offline   Reply With Quote