Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 09:01 AM   #61

TST 507

About ready to order the TST 507 setup. I have a Chevy crew cab and a 40' 2 axle 5th wheel toy hauler, do I need a booster? Thought I would get the system and see if it communicated ok before spending the money but user advice would be appreciated. Also is there any issues with the external sensors sticking out too far on the single tire setup? (sticking out far enough to hang or strike something) I wouldn't think they do not weigh enough to cause balance issues but if that is a problem it would probably be better to go with the internal. I was also thinking it would be smart to remove them (external) when the rig is parked/stored to prevent theft as long as you remember sensor positioning when re installing. Sorry for so many questions but a friend just spent some good money getting the undercarriage repaired from a tire failure. I have a $500 deductible so a little over $250 is money well spent I think.
oldblueroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #62

TPMS don't leave home without it

I have a Ram 2500 CC, and a 36' TT. I've had no issues with reception, and no problems with them "sticking out". In actuality the amount they stick out is minuscule.

The sensors have a hex screw that tightens onto the valve stem to help with theft prevention, maybe I'm lucky but no one has grabbed mine.

I do take them off during the off-season (or extended idle time) since they are "always on" just to conserve battery life. Like you said, just remember how they're paired (they come with stick-on numbers to help you identify which one goes on which wheel).

I love them. Great peace of mind.

2017 Cherokee 294BH
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8 Crew Cab
Moparman1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #63

My sensors go to sleep when not in motion for a period of time. Wake back up when you get to 20mph. So I leave them attached all the time.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #64

Have a Chevy 1 ton with a 40' trailer and have the flow thru models no issues here. No need for ext antenna.
cfiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by m35a2 View Post
My sensors go to sleep when not in motion for a period of time. Wake back up when you get to 20mph. So I leave them attached all the time.
I was more concerned with them being stolen. I have lost several stainless steel valve stem caps over the years, nothing fancy just dome top stainless and people keep swiping them. as expensive as these are I would not want to replace them. I park in a covered gated rv storage unit but you never know who might take a liking to them, not much use without the receiver.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiowa View Post
Have a Chevy 1 ton with a 40' trailer and have the flow thru models no issues here. No need for ext antenna.
Thank you I'm giving them a shot!
Old 01-13-2018, 10:29 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblueroadking View Post
Thank you I'm giving them a shot!

Purchased a set of 4 and they seem to work well. Only complaint I have is the valve stem units run through the batteries pretty quick
Old 01-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #68

Quote:
Purchased a set of 4 and they seem to work well. Only complaint I have is the valve stem units run through the batteries pretty quick

Have you 'tested' your batteries that you think are 'bad' with a volt meter? A couple of times, I have 'lost' a signal from a tire and I thought that the battery was bad... took the battery out and tested and was 'fine', re-installed and worked well for months. I have had my tpms for over 3 years and some units are still have the original battery. I have the TST507. It is nice that the batteries are easy to change. I have read that for 'some' companies of TPMS, that the unit owners have to send the units back to the dealer to get the batteries changed.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #69
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
What kind of unit do you have?
What makes you believe the batteries are going dead? Drop out?
You may need the repeater.

I have a TST with cap sensors and the batteries lasted 2 years.
They were still good when I changed them. I only did so because I felt 2 years was long enough.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Have you 'tested' your batteries that you think are 'bad' with a volt meter? A couple of times, I have 'lost' a signal from a tire and I thought that the battery was bad... took the battery out and tested and was 'fine', re-installed and worked well for months. I have had my tpms for over 3 years and some units are still have the original battery. I have the TST507. It is nice that the batteries are easy to change. I have read that for 'some' companies of TPMS, that the unit owners have to send the units back to the dealer to get the batteries changed.

I have the TST507’s as well. I put new batteries in in October ‘17 so taking them out and re installing might do the trick. I took the 5th wheel to get a state inspection done (Texas) and was hooked up with the unit on for probably an hour and the wheel units never synced. I’ll try testing the batteries and if they are good reinstalling. Bet that will fix it. Thanks for the tip
Old 01-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #71

Quote:
I have the TST507’s as well. I put new batteries in in October ‘17 so taking them out and re installing might do the trick. I took the 5th wheel to get a state inspection done (Texas) and was hooked up with the unit on for probably an hour and the wheel units never synced. I’ll try testing the batteries and if they are good reinstalling. Bet that will fix it. Thanks for the tip
Are you saying that NONE of the wheel units did not sync? Not possible for all batteries to be 'bad' at the same time.... ie. look for a different issue on why they were not 'picked up.'...

(Also, I have 8 units... four for the truck and four for the RV)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:07 PM   #72

I change the batteries on our TST 507 System every year on the same day and I've never had a battery fail. Living in Florida probably helps with battery longevity. I find it easy to change them and I don't even change the gasket, just use the same one.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #73

I've only used mine one season, can you tell me what batteries the TST 507 uses so I can get them ahead of time please.
Thanks,

Bob
Tony & Catnis, campin' kitties
Bobaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #74

Quote:
I was having the same problem with my tire pressure sensors, dropping out or no synching. Installed a repeater and all my troubles went away. The repeater will really help you. I installed it in the front closet in my Cedar Creek, it is hot wired to stay on at all times.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #75
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaloo View Post
I've only used mine one season, can you tell me what batteries the TST 507 uses so I can get them ahead of time please.
Thanks,Bob
Google is your friend...

CR-1632

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
I was having the same problem with my tire pressure sensors, dropping out or no synching. Installed a repeater and all my troubles went away. The repeater will really help you. I installed it in the front closet in my Cedar Creek, it is hot wired to stay on at all times.
That may be an option but they sync fine when I am towing or have the pickup parked near the rig.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #77

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure what the problem was but I went by the trailer today to check on a few things, parked the pickup farther away than it would be if I was hooked up and all 4 monitors synced up. All the tires are a little low (64-68 psi) because it is so cold here but they work. Strange.....
Old 01-19-2018, 02:11 AM   #78
Truck System Technologies Rep

TST TPMS

Hello Old Blue Road King,

I am sorry I did not respond sooner. Please feel free to contact me at 210-420-0132 anytime. I am sorry you were having an issue with your system. I look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132
mbenson1234 is offline   Reply With Quote