Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #1

Tracer Breeze or Keystone Bullet

We are down to 2 options, Tracer Breeze 31BHD or the Keystone Bullet 287QBS

Any feedback as to which one would be a better choice quality wise?
Silverfox04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:19 PM   #2

We bought a Tracer Air in July 2017 and no mechanical issues. A valance and light cover came off on a bumpy road and that's it.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #3

look like very similar trailers between prime time and keystone. Unless one sticks out with upgrades the other does not have, lower price or lower weight. I would look at small things like power jacks or upgraded a/c etc to make decision. I have owned kz forest river and keystone products and all are about in the same line of quality. Its the small things that could help make your decision.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:16 AM   #4
Site Team

Since Keystone is not a FR brand, you may not get much feedback on the Bullet.
I have a TracerAir 255 and it had a number of upgrade features that aren't found in other brands in its price point.
We love ours.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:58 PM   #5

Former Keystone Bullet Owner

We ordered a 2015 Bullet in 2014 and loved the floorplan. Things started out fine but by the second year of snowbirding half years the shower stall floor cracked and cost $2000 to have replaced. The repairman built in lots of support underneath the new stall that had been lacking from the factory and all was well again. Then during the third winter the floor in the entire trailer started to get spongy right down the middle. There had never been any water damage to the unit it just was lack of support underneath and flimsy construction. We laid plywood and carpets over the floor and made it through that last winter but traded it in on a 2019 Rockwood 2606WS in the spring of 2018. The Rockwood is much sturdier and we have great hopes for it. That being said, our under-mount kitchen sink in the Rockwood separated from the countertop last week and we found that it had been attached with just silicone. The repairman used heavy duty adhesive and I have a call in to Forest River, hoping they will cover the $200 repair bill. It goes to show nothing is perfect and there will be repairs, but I think the Bullet was too flimsy. The Rockwood has more support underneath that you can see by looking in the cellar bins. I would not buy a Bullet again. I'll see how I feel about the Rockwood in a couple more years! Still loving the snowbird lifestyle! Texas in the winter beats New Hampshire!
NH Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracer