Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #61

Smile TT Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobees View Post
I am researching what people's experiences have been with an insurance claim on a travel trailer. I want to choose an insurance company that people have had a positive experience with when they actually had a claim. I am not a believer of "the cheapest insurance is the best". If I have insurance for years and years I don't really know how the insurance company is until I have a claim. Personally, we have Farm Bureau for our vehicles and they have been EXCELLENT if you have a claim. However they do not carry travel trailer insurance. I am talking about coverage that would include full replacement value of paid price (not NADA), medical payments, personal contents, emergency allowance, liability, personal injury protection, collision, uninsured motorist, and comprehensive. Has anyone out there had a claim on their travel trailer and what were your experiences both good and bad? Any help on this subject is most appreciated.
I have every thing we own insured with Shelter. We have been with since 1992. They have good multi-policy and over age 48 discounts and have been very good at handling the few claims (some major) we have had on our TTs as well as our home and vehicles.
2016 GMC Sierra SLT 6.2L,420HPV8, 8Spd,3:42
+2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S(11-2018-

jcwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:57 PM   #62

We use Geico.
When we had a total loss of our 13 month old trailer, they were very easy to work with.
We had the insurance check in hand within 10 days of the loss date. They also covered contents with ease, it just took me a little time to get the list done for them, but they reimbursed us promptly for that, too, after claim was submitted. Everyone was very pleasant, respectful, and efficient during a less than ideal time for us.
flosmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #63

I had to go to Travelers my old company left calif. and my independent agent wrote through Travelers. Main reason was I do home and auto together and hard to find homeowners insurance now because of fire danger. Even Loyds of London pulled out of Calif.. Anyway with first trip out branch hit the roof and tore the membrane. Claim was $6400. And Travelers only wanted to pay $2700. So I am sure they don’t understand the RV world out there.
Papatrc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, trailer, travel, travel trailer