Old 06-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Ken K. View Post
I frequent the OBX and have driven through that KOA several times. Mostly for entertainment because you see idiots like that all over the place there. Little kids driving their golf carts, throwing trash everywhere, I would never stay there. There's people wall to wall, you couldn't stir them with a stick as my late father would say. This is not camping, it's crowd control, the place is over run with out of control tweens all jacked up on mtn dew and god knows what else...

I stay at Frisco Woods. It's a little further but so worth it. There's trees for shade, water for play, and decent sized campsites. so that you don't have to hear your neighbor's bathroom noises, Even on a holiday weekend it does not come close to anything remotely resembling that KOA.

Agree on Frisco Woods! Had a great week there last fall. The sound waters were 15' from our back window. After school is in session very few there. Only drawback is wifi is poor to none except at the office. My mumble is no pull through sites as I always prefer but ~~ sites are big and more than enough room to maneuver. I'll be back too!

2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #12
In Western movies, even the bad guys were polite enough to ask permission before riding into someone's camp (of course there was that chance of being shot). We put a lot of effort into getting premium waterfront sites and I have little patience for those who think they're entitled to cut through because they were too lazy to work for it.
I set the boundaries the first time someone tries it. Also helps we have 2 little dogs who have a bad habit of licking anyone within reach.
Wmtire: I'll be getting a lot of mileage out of your extra fries line. Man that cracked me up.

2015 Shamrock 231KSS, Oyster shell
2016 Chev Silverado LT Z71 Ext. Cab, 4x4, 5.3L V/8
Reese Straight Line WDH, 2000W Honda Gen.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
55 nights camping in 2015, 45 in 2016
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:43 PM   #13
Looked at Medoc Mtn NC State Park. Great that they are impossible to "walk-thru" by their design. Well done, NC state parks! On Saturday afternoon, I counted 4 (5?) campers out of 30 sites. Quiet, dark skies. Not too far off I-95 (and not too close, either)
Retired U.S. Coast Guard Mustang
Presently a librarian @ Duke
2016251RKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #14
People never cease to amaze me. But then again when you have well known podcasters/bloggers that believe kids will be kids and cutting through your site is their right, well we are raising entitled brats.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #15
The reason people walk through sites is due to the decline in morality and good parenting over the years. It is sad to observe people becoming less civilized instead of more.
2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLE
ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #16
It may also be that "campers" are unfamiliar with the rules, regulations and styles of camping. And, too often campground lay-out may encourage cut-thru; rules are not posted (nor enforced); and the wide variety of folks (some encourage socializing, others not) encountered all contribute. But, underage drinking, after-hours noise, etc...those issues should be referred to campground management -
Retired U.S. Coast Guard Mustang
Presently a librarian @ Duke
2016251RKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #17
(Dry Huunday)
We don't have a problem with people cutting thru....not sure why....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1466538904168.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	111720  

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #18
One of the last KOA's we stayed at, one morning I got up and some moron had put a tent up and left all of his stuff on our picnic table. Had several little things happen so when the membership came up for renewal we didn't.

Haven't been in one in a few years.
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW LB 4X4
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My Last FR Product)
20,000 LB Reese GooseBox Hitch
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #19
It's sad, tents should have there own area. More sad these types of reports are becoming more frequent. Makes our decision in our case to frequent class A only resorts , they just don't tolerate the untoleratable . There must be a book KOA could hand out
Camping Etiquette. What sort of generations have we raised that don't even know there being disrespectful .
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #20
Love it !

SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote

camper, tire, tires