Old 06-21-2016, 03:31 PM   #21
The few KOAs I've seen have looked like Wal Mart parking lots with hookups. I'll pass. We're pretty lucky, as Tx has pretty good state parks and the state police don't put up with too much idiocy. It's fairly easy to find a spot with minimal chance of people cutting through. That's actually one of the things I look for when finding a spot...nothing in direct line of a bathroom or trail head.

2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:06 PM   #22
I have people walking through my yard at home! They shortcut across the church yard and thru my yard to get to the street. They don't care if it is my property, they are more interested in saving steps. Direct line. Wouldn't be any different in a campground. It is what is convenient for THEM.

2016 Wildwood 26TBSS
2012 F150 Screw XLT
4 leggers Spudz and Halley
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #23
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
We don't have a problem with people cutting thru....not sure why....
X2. When people cut thru my campsite frequently, I tie up my two big dogs outside also. Works every time!!
If it's dry camping and there are a bunch of obnoxious loud tent campers near me, I feel justified to turn on my generator at night and watch TV or in A.M. for my coffee maker.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:24 PM   #24
Originally Posted by philobeddoe View Post
It's my $.02's worth, but in life in general, there is decline in respect for ones personal space. We've been lucky in our camping that we haven't been totally abused by folks using our area as a main walkway, but I've seen it. In a sense, it kinda takes away from the rest and relaxation you were hoping for.
2015 Puma 29RBKS
2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4X4
E2 WDH 10000lbs Air Lift Rear Helper Springs
Troy, Josie and our 2 K9 co-pilots Breck and Maggie
USN 86-92
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #25
We have a full time site and have had people walk across our deck. We politely asked them to stop using our site as a walk through. When the refused I used their site as a short cut. I walked between their trailer and picnic table while they were eating. The owner jumped up and asked me what the h*ll I was doing. My reply was that they were using my site as a short cut so it must be Ok to do the same with theirs. They did not cut across my site for the rest of the weekend.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #26
Wow, I think most of us have experienced the campers with no etiquette. I really enjoyed several of the posts on how people have dealt with obnoxious campers. Thanks for the suggestions! I, too, have had a couple of less than pleasant trips/experiences due to lack of etiquette. One year I had a large group of people trooping back and forth through my site to get from theirs to the rest of their group's site. When we asked them to stop, they continued. I then repositioned my truck and all they did was walk around it. My son started making rude comments and they just looked at us. I've had the wedding party (in tents) who stayed up all night fireside, drunk, reliving the past. That was really horrible. And when I complained the following day to the campground management and the group was spoken to, one of the wedding party members actually came to my site and confronted my son, who happened to be outside. Incredible! Mama tiger came out of the camper in a hurry for that one! I've had the drunk fools who kept their firing smoking all night long, as well as the exterior of their TT lighted all night long, making use of the a/c impossible and achieving darkness impossible (all of these happened in a state park or a provincial park in Canada). As far as a book/something on campground etiquette, I recall MARVAC, an RV association in Michigan publishing a campground etiquette guide (maybe last year or 2014?) for those who needed to be educated. But it seems like those are the least likely people to read it!!
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:09 PM   #27
I have an old dog that will be put outside to quietly watch them. If that doesn't work the young one will put a load in their shorts. His name is Roscoe but neighbors call him Rambo.
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:03 PM   #28
To answer some questions I first asked the group not to keep using my sight as a privet pathway only one snot nose 19-20 year old I am guessing in a broken English tone said I don't own the property so I nicely told him that if he keeps using my sight as his personal pathway I will see that he fully understands the rules either from me or from the management. In the end he chose wisely .

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #29
Dog doo doo on the path will deter the offenders!
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:43 PM   #30
Smile Our Dog

Our dog is usually out with us at our camp site. He is a 95 lb German Shepherd and is friendly but it seems to stop the rude peeps from coming through.

rrapidron is offline   Reply With Quote

camper, tire, tires