Old 06-22-2016, 05:33 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
We have a full time site and have had people walk across our deck. We politely asked them to stop using our site as a walk through. When the refused I used their site as a short cut. I walked between their trailer and picnic table while they were eating. The owner jumped up and asked me what the h*ll I was doing. My reply was that they were using my site as a short cut so it must be Ok to do the same with theirs. They did not cut across my site for the rest of the weekend.
Funny how that works.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
People never cease to amaze me. But then again when you have well known podcasters/bloggers that believe kids will be kids and cutting through your site is their right, well we are raising entitled brats.
Cfritts is Right ON !!!
It is all about the way children are being raised in the country the last several years,,, they respect no one or nothing !!!

Old 06-22-2016, 08:32 AM   #33

It is a Very Sad world where we need Guard Dogs to keep A holes out of our sites !!!
Old 06-22-2016, 08:34 AM   #34

Our 5er has not moved since midMay and likely will not until school is back in session.
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #35
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
It is a Very Sad world where we need Guard Dogs to keep A holes out of our sites !!!
Yessir it is!

Though mine can be bribed with a cookie, just don't tell anyone

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:47 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
Yessir it is!

Though mine can be bribed with a cookie, just don't tell anyone
I hear ya !!!
You would not want to get close to our Ihasa Apso,,,
she might lick you to death ???
Old 06-22-2016, 09:08 AM   #37

I thoroughly agree with the thoughts that it is the way children are being raised. I'm 35, so I am right in that age range where I had parents who "raised me right" while also seeing the dramatic shift in parenting.

But there are many factors involved. The younger generation has everything given to them, everything is instant, everything is automated, there is no such thing as work. So the idea that they need to walk around completely blows their mind, they literally can not comprehend anything other than "instant". "If I cut through your site I will reach my destination now, so why would I walk around?". Another factor is that society cant find enough things to offend them. A sign that tells you not to cut through a site is offensive. Asking them to do something other than what they want to do offends them. Expecting them to have respect for anyone offends them. LMFAO. You get the idea...

Just this past weekend I was lucky enough to have a site next to "the horn honker". My wife and I look at each other and just laugh when we hear people who use the remote door lock on their vehicle and press the button til it just honks and honks and honks and honks. At this point every car has a remote lock. Its convenient, and I love it. You click the button and the lights flash, indicating its locked. That is enough for me. But our neighbors in the next site, the light flash wasn't enough. So they had to hit the button a second time to get it to honk. Ok, maybe they couldn't see the lights from their location. Then they would hit it again, and it would honk again. So every single time someone would go to the vehicle, we would get to hear them slam the door, and then 2 honks. The way the sites were set up, their front bumper was about 12 feet from our heads in bed. So everytime they did their door slam double honk it was like they were in our camper. It wouldn't have bothered me if they didn't store (apparently) every camping item in their car. We counted 11 times between 10pm and midnight that they went into the vehicle, slammed the door, and honked twice. We stay up late and were watching a movie so it was no big deal, but do they need to honk the horn after "quiet hours"??? The next evening we got to listen to the kid bouncing a basketball until almost 1am. I just don't get it. That kind of obliviousness to other people goes far beyond simple camp ground breach of etiquette... And that, is the problem. Rant over.

I could try posting the dog as a deterrent, but hes a 6 lb Chihuahua. I don't think he has the intimidating presence that he thinks he has, lol.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:16 AM   #38
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
I could try posting the dog as a deterrent, but hes a 6 lb Chihuahua. I don't think he has the intimidating presence that he thinks he has, lol.
I have known many Chihuahuas in my life....the human species would not exist if they were the size of a German Shepard

They definitely have no fear!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #39

Semperfi24,,,
I surly don't think I could have controlled myself,,, as well as you did !!!
I would probably have woke up in jail the next morning !!!
Old 06-22-2016, 09:49 AM   #40

Reading this thread makes me want start carrying a few gravel rakes in the TT.

Tags
camper, tire, tires