Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #1

Trip/tires and rude campers

Put on 4 new tires from discount tires load range e in anticipation of our trip the next day to cape hatters nc witch is over 500 miles and 9.5 hrs . Gone is the sway from passing trucks . During out trip their and home we never even had one bad sway issue from any trucks or wind. We stayed at the koa and enjoyed the camp ground it was really one of the nicest koa we have ever been too. The only problems that we encountered was extremely week wifi and campers who just keep strolling through our sight day and night. Having booked a deluxe sight we were pleased with our sight in fact I don't think their is a bad sight their (although some sights are not full hook ups) behind us were a party of 15 or so tent camping in 4 sights and their buddy's were in on the sights in front of us. so for two days we had a short cut with anywhere from 4 to 6 people walking through All day long. Is their no respect anymore. Then their is the 10 o'clock quiet time ya right.

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:19 AM   #2

Those folks WERE NOT campers!!!! They were morons living in tents! Sorry you had to put up with neighbors like that, it sure can ruin a fun trip.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:42 AM   #3
Ambassador

That Frickin KOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy clancy View Post
Put on 4 new tires from discount tires load range e in anticipation of our trip the next day to cape hatters nc witch is over 500 miles and 9.5 hrs . Gone is the sway from passing trucks . During out trip their and home we never even had one bad sway issue from any trucks or wind. We stayed at the koa and enjoyed the camp ground it was really one of the nicest koa we have ever been too. The only problems that we encountered was extremely week wifi and campers who just keep strolling through our sight day and night. Having booked a deluxe sight we were pleased with our sight in fact I don't think their is a bad sight their (although some sights are not full hook ups) behind us were a party of 15 or so tent camping in 4 sights and their buddy's were in on the sights in front of us. so for two days we had a short cut with anywhere from 4 to 6 people walking through All day long. Is their no respect anymore. Then their is the 10 o'clock quiet time ya right.

Clancy vibe272bhs
I frequent the OBX and have driven through that KOA several times. Mostly for entertainment because you see idiots like that all over the place there. Little kids driving their golf carts, throwing trash everywhere, I would never stay there. There's people wall to wall, you couldn't stir them with a stick as my late father would say. This is not camping, it's crowd control, the place is over run with out of control tweens all jacked up on mtn dew and god knows what else...

I stay at Frisco Woods. It's a little further but so worth it. There's trees for shade, water for play, and decent sized campsites. so that you don't have to hear your neighbor's bathroom noises, Even on a holiday weekend it does not come close to anything remotely resembling that KOA.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy clancy View Post
so for two days we had a short cut with anywhere from 4 to 6 people walking through All day long.
What did the offenders say when you politely asked them to stop walking through your site?

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
What did the offenders say when you politely asked them to stop walking through your site?

I think a lot of people are just unaware that this is a breach of camping etiquette. A polite request often goes a long way.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Better yet... what did the campground management do about it when you complained?

I would have first said something to the offenders and then I would have went straight to the campground office.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:24 AM   #7

We've camped at OBX for several years now and would NOT stay at the KOA for that very reason and the fact that the cost is wayyy out of line. Check out Ocean Waves campground next door. They are reasonable and you don't experience the camper intrusions due to the layout of their property.
Ocean Waves Campground
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #8
Site Team

OK, the site team has done a little cleanup here that were off-topic. Remember to play, as well as post nice.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
OK, the site team has done a little cleanup here that were off-topic. Remember to play, as well as post nice.

Hard to be in control when we get passionate about something bad. THANKS FOR YOUR WORK KEEPUNG THE GANG IN CHECK.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:09 PM   #10

It's my $.02's worth, but in life in general, there is decline in respect for ones personal space. We've been lucky in our camping that we haven't been totally abused by folks using our area as a main walkway, but I've seen it. In a sense, it kinda takes away from the rest and relaxation you were hoping for.
philobeddoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken K. View Post
I frequent the OBX and have driven through that KOA several times. Mostly for entertainment because you see idiots like that all over the place there. Little kids driving their golf carts, throwing trash everywhere, I would never stay there. There's people wall to wall, you couldn't stir them with a stick as my late father would say. This is not camping, it's crowd control, the place is over run with out of control tweens all jacked up on mtn dew and god knows what else...

I stay at Frisco Woods. It's a little further but so worth it. There's trees for shade, water for play, and decent sized campsites. so that you don't have to hear your neighbor's bathroom noises, Even on a holiday weekend it does not come close to anything remotely resembling that KOA.

Agree on Frisco Woods! Had a great week there last fall. The sound waters were 15' from our back window. After school is in session very few there. Only drawback is wifi is poor to none except at the office. My mumble is no pull through sites as I always prefer but ~~ sites are big and more than enough room to maneuver. I'll be back too!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #12

In Western movies, even the bad guys were polite enough to ask permission before riding into someone's camp (of course there was that chance of being shot). We put a lot of effort into getting premium waterfront sites and I have little patience for those who think they're entitled to cut through because they were too lazy to work for it.
I set the boundaries the first time someone tries it. Also helps we have 2 little dogs who have a bad habit of licking anyone within reach.
Wmtire: I'll be getting a lot of mileage out of your extra fries line. Man that cracked me up.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:43 PM   #13

Looked at Medoc Mtn NC State Park. Great sites...in that they are impossible to "walk-thru" by their design. Well done, NC state parks! On Saturday afternoon, I counted 4 (5?) campers out of 30 sites. Quiet, dark skies. Not too far off I-95 (and not too close, either)
Old 06-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #14

People never cease to amaze me. But then again when you have well known podcasters/bloggers that believe kids will be kids and cutting through your site is their right, well we are raising entitled brats.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #15

The reason people walk through sites is due to the decline in morality and good parenting over the years. It is sad to observe people becoming less civilized instead of more.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #16

It may also be that "campers" are unfamiliar with the rules, regulations and styles of camping. And, too often campground lay-out may encourage cut-thru; rules are not posted (nor enforced); and the wide variety of folks (some encourage socializing, others not) encountered all contribute. But, underage drinking, after-hours noise, etc...those issues should be referred to campground management -
Old 06-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #17
(Dry Huunday)

We don't have a problem with people cutting thru....not sure why....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1466538904168.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	111720  

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #18

One of the last KOA's we stayed at, one morning I got up and some moron had put a tent up and left all of his stuff on our picnic table. Had several little things happen so when the membership came up for renewal we didn't.

Haven't been in one in a few years.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #19

It's sad, tents should have there own area. More sad these types of reports are becoming more frequent. Makes our decision in our case to frequent class A only resorts , they just don't tolerate the untoleratable . There must be a book KOA could hand out
Camping Etiquette. What sort of generations have we raised that don't even know there being disrespectful .
Amen
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #20

Love it !
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, tire, tires