Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
I think we all need to take a breath...
This is like a diesel v gas, chevy v ford. Many opinions that are just that, opinions.

Now.. Back to our regular program.

My theory is I use the roads I can use the rest stops. I will say it is a bit upsetting when a car parks in the truck / camper area with their prius. But, you know what I do, nothing... Just find another spot. If there are none I will make one. I've parallel parked my truck and trailer in MD one day because cars took a trailer spot and left me enough space to get in between them.

I will also use truck stops. I buy their fuel, shop in their store so I will use their parking spaces. I mostly use the J's and try to use the ones with RV spots but if I cannot find one then I park at the normal spots.

Lastly, one of the MAJOR things our trailer MUST have is being able to use the fridge, kitchen, dinette and bathroom with the slides in. If no, it is a no go.

Pat, were ever I go I don't need slides(I don't have any on my trailer). I asked a manufacture rep this weekend if I could order one model I saw without the slide. They looked at me funny and said "you would lose your dinning table". I said yeah and your point is? Thought it was funny.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
Old 03-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #122
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Major here as well, except the fridge. We always keep a cooler in the backseat so the fridge is not a concern. We also prefer to hit a restaurant as it is more relaxing on the road, the pup eats his lunch in the 5er. The bedroom and bathroom must always be available. There are places for those campers that require slides out for use, CGs or ones driveway.
Yes, we keep a cooler with water, iced tea, snacks or whatever with us as well. Keeps the ride much more comfortable. We will sometimes eat on the road, but I feel the opposite. I am more comfortable eating my own food in the comfort of our own trailer. I will say up until this season we were also set on needing access to ALL the beds.

As we look to the future of where we will be in 5 to 6 years I see a 5er possibly in our future. I also see many with bunk houses. We have begun to waver in the need to have access tot he rear. We have one child, who can IMO, sleep on the sofa bed if needed for one night of staying in the rest area on the road.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 03-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #123
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Pat, were ever I go I don't need slides(I don't have any on my trailer). I asked a manufacture rep this weekend if I could order one model I saw without the slide. They looked at me funny and said "you would lose your dinning table". I said yeah and your point is? Thought it was funny.
Our Rockwood 2306 did not have a slide. I will say now that we have a slide I will never go without one. I like the floor space when we are ACTUALLY at the trailer. With a 4 year old it gives us a bit more space to spread out. As we look at the future I see wanting more slides in the future. But that stills holds true to the trailer to be usable while turtled up.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 03-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #124
Site Team

Moderators note: Thread Closed.

This thread has run it's course and most options have been presented and discussed. The recent posts are becoming inappropriate and not nice.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Closed Thread

Tags
truck