Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #1

TT towing allignment

I purchased a used 2006 Flagstaff 831rlss Travel trailer in July. When I tow the trailer with My 2010 EXT cab Silverado, the wheel alignment moves to the left ( steering wheel is off center to the left). I am using an Equalizer WD hitch. Somestimes when doing a slow turn my Stabilatrack will stop working and cannot be reset till I shut the ignition off. any thoughts will be appreciated
jiml63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #2

Check the temperature of the hubs after you pull for a while. If the hubs on the right side are hot and the left side are a lot cooler either the left brakes are dragging or the bearings are lacking grease and binding. Either way it will put more resistance on the right causing you to correct to the left.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
H2oski

Have you tried towing just a little way without the equalizer bar installed? If the steering wheel is fine then I would check for proper installation of the bars. This could also be causing your Stabilatrack problem. Sounds to me something in the hitch may be binding. Just a guess.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote