Old 04-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
One more thought that I have not verified, but . . . I wonder if there are add on tow mirrors for the 2015 at this point? I know it seemed to take forever to find aftermarket replacement tow mirrors that had all the options for my 2013. I still don't think the power telescope versions can be had in other than actual Ford parts.
Was wondering that myself. I will look into it and post what I find out.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #42

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
We tow an Signature ultra lite 8280 (2012)(dry 7800 lbs) fifth wheel with a 2013 Ford F150 super crew with the v 8. It is an FX4 model so comes with a trailer tow package including a built in brake controller and it also has a geared "tow Mode" that holds the current gear for a slightly longer time before shifting up or down. The tow mode also acts as a "jake brake" (as in a diesel engine) when you are slowing down (saves some on the truck and trailer brakes). We are currently travelling through the Smokie mountains (National park) and no problems. Lots of steep grades up and down here. We compared our v8's performance with the ecoboost and the performance was the same. The current trip (from Ontario to Florida and now on the way back), 6140 miles so far and our average mileage is 10.7.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:34 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillontheroad View Post
We compared our v8's performance with the ecoboost and the performance was the same.

Not even close on anything except fuel mileage, but the 5.0 is a decent engine.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:46 PM   #44

Quote:
Not even close on anything except fuel mileage, but the 5.0 is a decent engine.
I am not sure what you mean "not even close on anything"?
Old 04-21-2015, 09:51 PM   #45

Well, I wasn't exactly sure what 'performance' you were talking about, but comparing an EB to the 5.0 is no contest.

I cannot speak for the new 2.7, but the 3.5 EB will out accelerate and out tow a 5.0 all day long. And if you add in a little altitude, that is even more true.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
Was wondering that myself. I will look into it and post what I find out.

I ordered and use snap on extend mirrors. They fit right over the existing mirrors and are light and take about 10 seconds to put on or take off. No vibration. Work perfectly. (40.00)
Old 04-21-2015, 09:55 PM   #47

Quote:
I ordered and use snap on extend mirrors. They fit right over the existing mirrors and are light and take about 10 seconds to put on or take off. No vibration. Work perfectly. (40.00)
Yes, I use CIPA add ons on my 2013. My question was if any (or better yet) many aftermarket vendors have them available for the 2015 mirrors?
Old 04-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #48

Quote:
Well, I wasn't exactly sure what 'performance' you were talking about, but comparing an EB to the 5.0 is no contest.

I cannot speak for the new 2.7, but the 3.5 EB will out accelerate and out tow a 5.0 all day long. And if you add in a little altitude, that is even more true.
Interesting. Have you tried both under similar loading conditions?? We have done a direct comparison and the only real difference is that the ecoboost has more instant "jump" when travelling empty.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:02 PM   #49

Quote:
Yes, I use CIPA add ons on my 2013. My question was if any (or better yet) many aftermarket vendors have them available for the 2015 mirrors?
Honestly I am not sure if they are available for the 2015s . By May of 2013 they had them available for the 2013s.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #50

Quote:
Interesting. Have you tried both under similar loading conditions?? We have done a direct comparison and the only real difference is that the ecoboost has more instant "jump" when travelling empty.
Ford certainly has. That is why the EB is now the top engine with the demise of the 6.2L V8. So have about five thousand people on Youtube. I pass 5.0's all the time on the passes here pulling similar loads and/or empty. Look up TFLTruck on youtube for even comparisons of the Boost.

The Eco part is a different story. . . Your mileage literally may vary.