Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #1

Water Leak - I spoke too soon

Well it appears I spoke to soon about only having minor issues for the dealer to address. 2 of our sons decided they wanted to sleep in the trailer tonight at our house, so I said OK. I hooked up the water hose to the connection on the trailer, and shortly afterwards discovered that the it was leaking around the outside of the fitting that you attach the hose on. If I moved the hose slightly, the fitting on the trailer stopped spraying water, so I thought all was good for now, but this would need to be addressed. I then went inside the trailer and discovered the floor was soaked with water, all along the one side, the carpet was wet and I was not real happy. It appears there must also be a leak inside the wall on the city water line, as the outside leak I also have was contained in that plastic tub surrounding. Funny thing is, that before we went away for the week, I had tested all this at home here, and there were no problems. We verified it is leaking in the wall somewhere, by turning off the tap at the house, and no water was seen running from under the wall. When we turned the tap back on, the water began running inside the trailer from under the wall. I just hope this is an easy fix and nothing is damaged. We are booked into another camp site in two weeks and I would hate for this to end up in us having to cancel our plans.

I am glad to have found this at home, rather than if we were away somewhere camping. Other than this, all is good, and we are all having fun camping in the driveway tonight lol.

Best Wishes,
Chuck
3 Energetic Wee Boys

flumpydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:13 AM   #2

Do u have a water pressure regulator?
amarettl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #3

yes I do, was one of the first accessories we purchased ;-)
3 Energetic Wee Boys

Old 09-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #4

Just a silly question...Have you unconnected and reconnected your outside water hose. We had an incident like you descibe that the hose was not inplace securely (I believe my DH said it was crossthreaded) and it was dripping on the outside but leaking alot under and around the bathroom sink on the inside. I was surprised and scared when I saw the water coming out of the cabinet on the floor but after he checked the outside hose and I cleaned up alot of water - ALL SEEMED FINE. It happened 1 other time and it was the same problem - the outside hose wasn't quite right. Hopefully it is something simple. Good Luck!
lori08360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #5

I wish it was that simple, something is definitely loose, cause if you move the hose slightly it sprays out water on the outside. When you position it so the water does not leak on the outside, you can hear it leaking in behind somewhere. We are bringing it back to the dealer this week and will post what the problem is. I am sure it will be an easy fix.
Best Wishes,
Chuck
3 Energetic Wee Boys

Old 09-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #6

I had the exact same problem. It was the backflow preventer. Luckily it didn't leak when we used the pump so we were still able to have water on our first trip.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #7

Mine did that too if I did not use an elbow for the connection. The pressure on the connection with a hose screwed directly in was just too much.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote