Old 06-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
Weights on Our 48 Foot Race Trailer and a Dually

Well I was building our 48 foot goose neck race trailer. The trailer is a 99 Pace. When I got it I didn't run it across any scales. But now its 85% or better built out. I use it to get to the track. Well I went across the CAT scales next to the track. The steer axle weight is 3560, sticker on truck says 4100. The driven axle weighs 6640 and the sticker says 7500. The trailer weighs 12,700 and the trailer max is 18K. The total gross weight is 22,900. I still need to add our holding tanks which I plan only to run with about 30 gallons on the road plumbing and a gas line. The trailer was set up for a typical race weekend end with food stuff etc. I use a 1999 C3500 crew cab dually with a 454 automatic trans. I currently have a problem with the electronics as even when its empty is has only about 1/2 the normal power. I think its the MAF. or the distributor computer module. But other than that anyone think I'll have problems on the road. The trailer has triple axles and all three axles has brakes on it. What say you?
PineApple Express is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel