Old 07-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #11
RAC

I have the prodigy too 6.2 is perfect for travel....haven't played with the b 1,2 or 3 thing yet (EG)

Old 08-25-2007, 02:50 AM   #12

The semis dont seem to want to slow down a bit when passing RV's, we found this out coming home from Wyoming last weekend with our new trailer. its not our 1st. I have towed 5ers and TT,s and even had a MH. I found out with the 5er and the TTs we have had that the wheel base, not just towing capacity and power, of the TV makes a huge difference in towing a RV. WE have dual sway control on our TT, and I pull with a 07' Dodge QC 4x4 long box diesel. I have plenty of power on tap, but even with a TV this large, the trucks were making our TT sway when I was passed. 2 Times I had to override the Brake controler for the TT and stop the sway. I would reccomend dual cams also. and as you said, avoid the main interstates, or maybe use a Larger tow vehicle with a longer wheel base. my $.02 good luck and drive safe!!!
YT

Old 09-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #13

The answer of course is the have a sway control and equalizer hitch but just as important SLOW DOWN. I see people pulling trailers at 70 to 80mph. Thats dangerous and "come on" what's the rush. I found that around 60mph is a safe speed -good stopping - better on gas milage.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #14
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Travelers View Post
The semis dont seem to want to slow down a bit when passing RV's, we found this out coming home from Wyoming last weekend with our new trailer. its not our 1st. I have towed 5ers and TT,s and even had a MH. I found out with the 5er and the TTs we have had that the wheel base, not just towing capacity and power, of the TV makes a huge difference in towing a RV. WE have dual sway control on our TT, and I pull with a 07' Dodge QC 4x4 long box diesel. I have plenty of power on tap, but even with a TV this large, the trucks were making our TT sway when I was passed. 2 Times I had to override the Brake controler for the TT and stop the sway. I would reccomend dual cams also. and as you said, avoid the main interstates, or maybe use a Larger tow vehicle with a longer wheel base. my $.02 good luck and drive safe!!!
YT
When trucks passed me...I've felt the surge of wind/movement...but never sway. The Equal-i-zer always moved truck/trailer as a unit.

I agree. Everyone seems to be driving too fast these days. (not to mention...driving too fast while distracted with electronics!)

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote