Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2024, 04:19 PM   #19861

I always need more storage space, so I found some things to get rid of and organised my tiny office. I moved my router in there. I thought it had to be near the window but I tried moving it around and it still works. I switched to HomeFi recently and it’s been worth it.
mariev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 05:10 PM   #19862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
Just ordered a keyless entry latch (on sale for $110) and a Levelmate Pro digital leveler with iPhone app. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
You will like both very much and probably wish you would have bought sooner.
Levelmate sure makes the side to side so much easier. I like it even more when I can find that sweet spot on the site where I do not need and wheel leveling. ...
We got the keyless entry last year, and like it. Now I'm contemplating a leveling system. Amazon shows a Beech Lane product for much less than Levelmate, and it has good reviews. Does anyone here have experience with it? I searched the electronics subforum for "Beech Lane" but found nothing.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 05:18 PM   #19863

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
We got the keyless entry last year, and like it. Now I'm contemplating a leveling system. Amazon shows a Beech Lane product for much less than Levelmate, and it has good reviews. Does anyone here have experience with it? I searched the electronics subforum for "Beech Lane" but found nothing.
I saw a Utube video of somebody using the Beech Lane level and found the Levelmate cheaper on Amazon, only reason I chose it. They both appear to use very similar apps.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 05:22 PM   #19864

Quote:
I have LevelMate Pro, but I’d try the Beech Lane if anything happens to my LevelMate. The Beech Lane is fairly new, but I’ve been impressed with the company’s warranted response. I have the Beech Lane Levelers and after several years of use, the rubber mats ripped. Although they were still usable, I emailed Beech Lane and asked if the warranted covered them. Of course! was the response and within a week I had them at my doorstep. Easy to deal with, so I would certainly purchase their products again.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM   #19865

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillMitch View Post
Finally replaced the oem tires on our 2018 Grey Wolf 23MK. Got the Carlisle's and upgraded from C's to D's. We are still fairly low mileage campers. We avoid weekend trips (crowded and not worth the setup/packup hassle) and typically get out for 3 or 4 trips a summer, usually Sun-Fri.
I’m replacing my Carlisle Cs with Carlisle Ds tomorrow. I’ve had no trouble at all with what I have but priced Goodyear Endurance tires anyway. Jeepers they’re expensive. I’m anxious to see if I can tell any difference in the higher rated tires.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM   #19866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
I have the Beech Lane Levelers and after several years of use, the rubber mats ripped.
When do you use these mats? My only thought was if you need more than the four inches and are driving up onto a plank of wood first?

I might have had one slip one time when there was some tiny loose gravel on top of concrete if I recall correctly. I just tapped it under the tire better that time most likely. That was my second stop camping.
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM   #19867

Quote:
I chose the LevelMate Pro+, for the sole reason, that it can be powered via USB.

Didn't want the hassle of needing it, only to have the battery to be dead.

Found a handy source of 12V, wired in a USB outlet from the autoparts house, took out the batt from the LMP+ and plugged it in. Good to go, more or less forever.
Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM   #19868

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ252 View Post
I chose the LevelMate Pro+, for the sole reason, that it can be powered via USB.

Didn't want the hassle of needing it, only to have the battery to be dead.

Found a handy source of 12V, wired in a USB outlet from the autoparts house, took out the batt from the LMP+ and plugged it in. Good to go, more or less forever.
Does it lose calibration if you remove the battery and USB power for extended periods (storage)? I have the 12V to USB connector on the way but do not want the LevelMate powered by USB while in storage. So I was thinking I would just leave the battery in to maintain calibration.
1200W solar > 412 Ah LiFePO4 > Victron MultiPlus II > Cerbo GX
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM   #19869

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
Does it lose calibration if you remove the battery and USB power for extended periods (storage)?
One way to find out. Someone has to be first.

I do know they say to remove the battery if using USB but for the reason of forgetting you have it in there and the battery leaking years down the road.
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM   #19870

Quote:
Does it lose calibration if you remove the battery and USB power for extended periods (storage)? I have the 12V to USB connector on the way but do not want the LevelMate powered by USB while in storage. So I was thinking I would just leave the battery in to maintain calibration.
Ya know, thats a good question. I guess I should check that today and get back with you. It hasn't been moved since I did that, so whatever might need to be done, won't be too tricky.

But if loss of power, caused loss of memory, that'd happen with a dead internal battery anyway so ...

It does not lose memory when turned off, which unless in active use, is how I keep it.

As I read the manual, the battery that came with it is not a rechargeable type and recommended removal, if plugged in.
Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM   #19871

Quote:
Ya know, thats a good question. I guess I should check that today and get back with you. It hasn't been moved since I did that, so whatever might need to be done, won't be too tricky.

But if loss of power, caused loss of memory, that'd happen with a dead internal battery anyway so ...

It does not lose memory when turned off, which unless in active use, is how I keep it.

As I read the manual, the battery that came with it is not a rechargeable type and recommended removal, if plugged in.
Saw this in the manual so I am hoping it retains calibration with no battery and no USB power.
"The LevelMatePRO+ has an on/off switch that controls power from the battery to the system. When the switch is in the off position the battery is completely disconnected from the system and no power will be drawn from the battery."
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #19872

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
When do you use these mats? My only thought was if you need more than the four inches and are driving up onto a plank of wood first?

I might have had one slip one time when there was some tiny loose gravel on top of concrete if I recall correctly. I just tapped it under the tire better that time most likely. That was my second stop camping.
I use the rubber mats each time I use the levelers.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM   #19873

I made a set of air bags 18 years ago that are just like the Beech Lane air bag levelers. LevelAir made them at that time. Those plus the LevelMatePro+ will sure make leveling easy peasy.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM   #19874
Site Team

Quote:
I searched the full site and got a few hits.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ht-275846.html

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2907761

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2846774

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2768022
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM   #19875

Quote:
All the trailer settings and increment preferences, must have been saved in the app.

It did show that I was off left to right by a half" but a hand level, said it was fine.

Just re-zeroed it and good to go.
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #19876

“Replying to myself”. Ode to Billy Idol

I did crawl around on top my TT again and installed the sticky CIGS 100 watt “compact” panels (2). Put the new panels in series and the old set in series and then paralleled the two strings together. Not quite 60volts showing on the SCC. I could even add another couple series pair since it’s a 100/30 unit. No amps showing since the batteries are fully charged. Panel are only rated at 5A. Roof space wise I have room for a pair of the 100 watt long panels but I’m done for a while. I did have to make a couple custom length extensions for the roof top pair to feed down to the parallel adapters. I actually fully used the MC4 tools to really tighten the end assembly for the first time. They sure make popping them apart easier.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #19877

Quote:
All the trailer settings and increment preferences, must have been saved in the app.

It did show that I was off left to right by a half" but a hand level, said it was fine.

Just re-zeroed it and good to go.
Yeah! Just finished installing the buck converter and removed the battery from the LevelMatePRO+. Seems to work a treat. Now I never have to think about turning it off and on.

Tags
camper