Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2024, 08:33 PM   #19881

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
Did you hardwire the LevelMate?
No. Just battery.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:45 AM   #19882

Got the push button door lock yesterday and just installed it. Overall pretty easy, no trimming required. Had issues reprogramming the lock code. Back was hurting so I’ll deal with it tomorrow. Hopefully nicer weather, damp, chilly, light rain today, had to put out the awning to work on it.
Oddly, you can disable the regular pull latch from working but it really doesn’t lock with a key or electronically. Everything operates the deadbolt. Came with two remotes with a physical key in each, in case of dead batteries. (Which are NOT supplied, BTW).
I did discover the original door latch exterior gasket had a large section stuffed in the door cutout vice functional (FR QC).
Old 04-20-2024, 09:48 AM   #19883

Remembered I got a replacement lock for my front storage compartment to match my front door to save on keys. Now I replaced that front door lock with a digital one.
My TT has a seperately keyed storage door by the bunks. I’m gonna take the old front door latch and replace the bunk storage door one with it so I only need one standard key kept for the TT, along with the digital key fob that has an emergency key in it.
It would be really nice to have a push button lock on that storage door but well over $100 isn’t worth it to me
Old 04-21-2024, 06:25 PM   #19884

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
We got the keyless entry last year, and like it. ...
I'll qualify my praise of the keyless entry lock by saying we bought the "compact" version from RVLock and it feels flimsy. It's the same size as the metal OEM lock it replaced but the body is made of plastic. It feels like it's flexing and will break at some point but, analyzing it objectively, it probably will last a long time.

RVLock's V4.0 handle "fits the same cutout, but is full metal and is our more upgraded version." I did not recognize (or even see?) that difference when I bought it.

We won't replace it unless it breaks. It's very convenient and works well. It has a lifetime warranty so it should be replaced for free, if needed. My experience with RVLock's customer support is good.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #19885

Still wasn’t able to reprogram the digital lock.
Put the original lock back in (actually the storage and front door locks are swapped).
Could NOT unlock the entry door with the factory code. I tested it with the door open yesterday, worked fine with the factory 12345 code, locked it, no unlock today!
I had to set up a back step and crawl in via the bunk storage door, pushing stuff off it that was stored there. Tight fit, especially with the thicker aftermarket mattress, not much space between the bottom bunk and door top. If I gained any more weight, would have had to stuff my granddaughter through there! Unlocked the digital lock manually and removed it. Key fobs with manual override keys were in the TT! I’m beginning to think you need to be a gymnast to work on RVs. Should have seen me working on the roof and under the front bed on the battery bank and solar build!
Set the lock on a table, connected the halves electrically. Ran the reprogram Hokey Pokey. New code worked. Reassembled the lock. No worky! Set it all aside to calm down. Likely to be returned. I need no more patience training. I might try another brand.
Yesterday my daughter noticed water coming out under the TT. AFAICT the full FW tank contracted in the cold snap and forced water out the overflow. It overflowed when I filled it on a much warmer day. House water was disconnected after filling.
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM   #19886
D W

Took the cover off. Break-up is finally here! Highs in the upper 40's, Lows in the mid 30's. A little warmer and it gets a bath.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #19887

Ordered a Micro-Air soft start and a real 20A plug to 30A receptacle dogbone to replace the cheap 15A walmart one I am using now.
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #19888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
Still wasn’t able to reprogram the digital lock.
Put the original lock back in (actually the storage and front door locks are swapped).
Could NOT unlock the entry door with the factory code. I tested it with the door open yesterday, worked fine with the factory 12345 code, locked it, no unlock today!
RVLock??

I recall with mine setting it up took a bit. Thought I had one that would not program. Even seems like I might have had the same thing where I thought I had it programmed but it did not take and stay programmed. Finally got it but it is too long ago to recall what I did wrong for it not to take.
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #19889
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Took the cover off. Break-up is finally here! Highs in the upper 40's, Lows in the mid 30's. A little warmer and it gets a bath.
Ahh, break-up. I haven't heard that in a while. We could never wait for break-up. It always meant the "warmisher" weather was on its way.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #19890

Got yearly maintenance check ups all done last month. Today I cleaned and stocked everything for first trip for the year. Can’t wait!
Roseys Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #19891
Site Team

Finally got it de-winterized and opened up this past weekend. Of course it was like 40s and 50s all weekend long.

Last weekend it was 70s and sunny all weekend. Which would've been a perfect opening weekend But of course the "official" opening day at the CG wasn't until the 15th. Which was Monday.

And for some reason they didn't want to let us in early this year. Even though I have photo proof of us being there early in years past.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper