Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #2361
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by techntrek View Post
A campground in Florida that doesn't have level sites??? I thought that was physically impossible, based on all of my trips to the state.
They are close, but no cigar for being level. You can usually maneuver around and get close, but we usually had to use the Linx blocks, but this year with a pr of Andersons, it should be a lot easier/faster.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #2362
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Thousand Trails Orlando .. Sites aren't level, but are for the most part roomy and have 30&50A service.
The sites not being level isn't bad- they're usually within a 1" - 1 1/2" of being level from what we've seen. I've had worse in other campgrounds where we've needed 2 blocks to get level. (Or even worse, where the door side was the high side - that annoys the snot out of me; it makes my steps that further off of the ground.)

On edit, I see your post above saying they're close.

But I think that's a weird thing to ding a campground on. I've only been to 1 or 2 places that were dead nuts level. (Edit 2- ok, maybe not a ding. But that close is barely mentionable for me. I comment this much because it is interesting for me to see what people bring up.)
Old 11-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #2363

Well being Polish it usually takes 4 Pollocks to change a light bulb....1 on the ladder and three to turn the ladder.....we are confused on the led's of the camper...
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #2364

Old Coot, The two parks you mentioned are just up the highway from my parents place in Sebring I want to take my MH down to visit them, do they have weekly spots or are they longer term CG's?
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #2365
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrauts View Post
Old Coot, The two parks you mentioned are just up the highway from my parents place in Sebring I want to take my MH down to visit them, do they have weekly spots or are they longer term CG's?
Thousand Trails is open to the public, but Fawn Ridge is private but you can buy/lease a membership for usually just paying someone's yearly assessment of $430 plus $100 for filing fees with the county/state. It permits 2 weeks in/1 week out... $3/night fee for electric. It is gated and all buildings are locked and only members have keys. Exceptionally clean and beautifully maintained, level concrete pads & patios.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #2366

Quote:

Wow ....small world

DH's mom and step dad have a place in Sebring for the winter too !! It is nice there but a few hours from any attractions or the beaches 😞
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #2367

Thanks for the info Old Coot.
heavynlori How's this for small world, Its my mom and step dad also! They have owned a place there for 19 (?) years now. Like you said its not near anything but its usually warmer than Ontario in winter!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #2368

Quote:
Thanks for the info Old Coot.
heavynlori How's this for small world, Its my mom and step dad also! They have owned a place there for 19 (?) years now. Like you said its not near anything but its usually warmer than Ontario in winter!

Yeah they like to golf so it works for them 🌞🌞

I think they have owned for about 10 years down there - they leave Ohio by end of Oct and come home first of May

Kinda puts a damper on holidays and such - PLUS my parents live in Hudson full time since 1998

Out of sight but always on our mind 💕💕💕
Old 11-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #2369

heavynlori I hear you, this will be the first time in 19 years my parents have been home for Christmas as my mother just had her gallbladder out four days ago and can't leave to go to Florida until Jan.They live in Sun and Lakes Estates, two blocks from the golf course. I guess we shouldn't be talking about this here and hijacking this thread
Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #2370

Quote:
heavynlori I hear you, this will be the first time in 19 years my parents have been home for Christmas as my mother just had her gallbladder out four days ago and can't leave to go to Florida until Jan.They live in Sun and Lakes Estates, two blocks from the golf course. I guess we shouldn't be talking about this here and hijacking this thread

Yep - you got it !!!

Bye now 👍
Old 11-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #2371
Always Learning

First, good vibes to the one who had their gallbladder removed. My mother-in-law and my wife both have had theirs out. Gallbladder attacks were awful to watch when my wife would get them.

Second, for my camper- I ordered parts to make a pin box hitch. Ordered a receiver tube and angle steel. I'm taking my camper to my in-laws so my father-in-law can make and install it. Amazon seriously DOES have everything. And, with free shipping due to our PRIME membership.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #2372

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Thousand Trails Orlando is a big campground just west of Orlando on Hwy 27 N, wouldn't call it a great RV resort, but it is nice as far as club house, swimming pools, tennis courts, etc. Sites aren't level, but are for the most part roomy and have 30&50A service. We also split time at another resort that is members/owners only just 13 miles south on 27 just 1/2 mile south of I4. It's called Fawn Ridge at Deer Path and ownerships are available at a very reasonable price. All sites are level concrete with concrete patios and is gated. We like it better than any campground we've visited in all our years of camping.

Thanks so much. I'll enter both of them in my notebook. We're in South Carolina and its an easy trip to most of Florida so winter months are easy to escape from. Thanks again!
CardinalQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #2373
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalQueen View Post
Thanks so much. I'll enter both of them in my notebook. We're in South Carolina and its an easy trip to most of Florida so winter months are easy to escape from. Thanks again!

Another option that is decent is Lake Magic. We spent a week there this summer. Though, we did pickup a huge ant problem there that took a few days to resolve. It's in the same area as the Thousand Trails Orlando park.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #2374
Mod free 5er

We have found that if it weren't for our memberships in TT & Fawn Ridge, we would not be able to camp in Fl for the winter. Just too pricey for us po folks.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #2375

Really appreciate your additions to our "can do" list.
CardinalQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #2376

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Another option that is decent is Lake Magic. We spent a week there this summer. Though, we did pickup a huge ant problem there that took a few days to resolve. It's in the same area as the Thousand Trails Orlando park.
I thought ants were ubiquitous with Florida. We learned to spray ant killer around the landing jacks, tires and sewer hose to keep from having problems. It seems to work.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #2377
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
I thought ants were ubiquitous with Florida. We learned to spray ant killer around the landing jacks, tires and sewer hose to keep from having problems. It seems to work.

That's the sad part- we thought we did. We missed a black tank flush hose (that was when I left them hooked up all of the time). It was 1 hose at the very rear of the camper and our worst was ants in our front bedroom (where there has never been food!).
Old 11-23-2014, 03:54 AM   #2378
Incheon, S. Korea

Still nothing... Since June, 2014. Owning a business sucks sometimes.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #2379

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
The sites not being level isn't bad- they're usually within a 1" - 1 1/2" of being level from what we've seen. I've had worse in other campgrounds where we've needed 2 blocks to get level. (Or even worse, where the door side was the high side - that annoys the snot out of me; it makes my steps that further off of the ground.)

On edit, I see your post above saying they're close.

But I think that's a weird thing to ding a campground on. I've only been to 1 or 2 places that were dead nuts level. (Edit 2- ok, maybe not a ding. But that close is barely mentionable for me. I comment this much because it is interesting for me to see what people bring up.)

We bought a extra step for the door high sites. A 12 inch rise to the first step is dangerous for the DW and 4 legs of fury.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #2380
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
We bought a extra step for the door high sites. A 12 inch rise to the first step is dangerous for the DW and 4 legs of fury.

We keep a pair of "RV Safety Steps" for that reason. We either use them at the doors or for when the outdoor kitchen is too high. I find all sorts of uses for them!

Tags
camper